SB3395 and HB3245 Ammunition Accountability Act

Guest Kimber1

I contacted Ron Ramsey...he's from my district. ...you know..LT. Governer Ramsey. :eek:

this is what he mailed me ...

<table class="BwDhwd"><tbody><tr><td class="zyVlgb XZlFIc"><table class="O5Harb"><tbody><tr><td>Will Canterbury to me

</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="i8p5Ld">show details 2:25 PM (5 hours ago)

</td><td class="i8p5Ld"><table class="JbJ6Ye" id="1ev0"><tbody><tr><td class="cTzXV t9K9Me" idlink="">

</td><td class="cTzXV t9K9Me" idlink=""><table><tbody><tr><td class="t9K9Me">cleardot.gif</td><td class="t9K9Me">Reply

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td><td class="t9K9Me">

</td><td class="t9K9Me">cleardot.gif

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Dear Mr. Fitchett,

I am a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights. I will be opposing SB 3395.

Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Ron Ramsey

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

i heard back from my state Rep today. He said he didn't have a position on this yet, but is going to talk to a good friend that owns a gun store and see what he thinks about it.

I'm pretty sure I can guess how that will go. :P

i heard back from my state Rep today. He said he didn't have a position on this yet, but is going to talk to a good friend that owns a gun store and see what he thinks about it.

I'm pretty sure I can guess how that will go. :P

This is how politicians decide how to vote on issues???

Of course! Follow the money...

Even that would make sense. But "I'm gonna ask my pal Bubba who has something tangentially related to this issue what he thinks" is no way to study an issue, examine the pros and cons, and reach a conclusion about what would be best for the state.

No wonder our laws suck.

Guest SomeGuy

Welcome to TN Rabbi. That is a pretty common excuse. Sen Burke, from the Chattanooga area, used the excuse that he spoke with cops, and they were against repealing laws that are onerous on civilians, so no restaurant carry for us (but it passed without his left-wing liberal Jew vote - and yes, I made the Jew reference solely to play with you. Feel special.)

I'm pretty sure I can guess how that will go. :cool:

This is the same response I got from Sen Berke from chattanooga on the restaurant carry bill.This is nothing more then a sorry excuse from a sorry,spinless politician that can do absolutely no logical thinking for him self.Damn oxymoronic polotician :D

Ammo Serialization (Registration) Bill Filed in House and Senate! On Thursday, January 17, legislation was filed in both the Tennessee House and Senate that would require all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Tennessee to be coded with a serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of the transaction, the purchaser's name, date of birth, driver's license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. SB3395, sponsored by State Senator Reginald Tate (District 33) and HB3245, sponsored by State Representative Larry Miller (District 88) pose a serious threat to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and need to be stopped immediately. Please contact your State Legislators and respectfully urge them to protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennessee's law-abiding gun owners by opposing SB3395 and HB3245. Please visit http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/senate/members/smembers.htm#Find for contact information for your State Senator, and http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/house/members/hmembers.htm#Findfor contact information for your State Representative

Please do not assume this will be defeated. If we do not keep on top of all these attempts to limit our constitutional rights and fight them we will wake up one day and wonder what happened. I am English and what happened in England to gun owners didn't happen over night it was a little at a time.

Both my Senator Bo Watson and Representative Richard Floyd will not vote for it and Richard Floyd went further Mr.Dadswell ,I agree with you.This is not a good bill and I will not be supporting it .As a matter of fact ,I am encouraging all that will listen to oppose this bill also.Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with me

Please contact your elected representatives and tell them how you feel.

Guest HexHead
This is the same response I got from Sen Berke from chattanooga on the restaurant carry bill.This is nothing more then a sorry excuse from a sorry,spinless politician that can do absolutely no logical thinking for him self.Damn oxymoronic polotician :devil:

Actually I got a follow up email from him the following day saying he most definitely would vote against it if it made it to a vote.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest m4coyote

I just finished writing to our representatives about House Bill 3425. This bill is going to be heard tomorrow by our legislature. We do not need this!

Guest m4coyote

Ammunition retailers such as Walmart, Sportsmans Warehouse, etc. will be required to register each box of hand gun ammunition to the purchaser. The spent cases and bullets from this ammunition will contain a serial number that will provide (via state kept database) the name of the purchaser, his or her birth date, drivers license number, address, etc. Hand loaded ammo will also be made illegal.

I just recieved the legislative alert e-mail from the NRA about it. I have also e-mailed each Tennessee representative and asked them to please vote "NO" on HB 3425.

Several Tennessee firearms bills to be heard tomorrow are now on the headlines at the NRA website.

Edited by m4coyote