WAY to GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

willis68

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You all have no idea how arrogant LSU fans are, be Very proud of what they Almost did today but that was one of the worse coaching mistakes I have ever witnessed

Al week long people have been telling me that LSU will win by 3 touchdowns, so I put my money on the Volunteers and now they will not act so superior to Tennessee, they were scared today!!

Guest eyescream
WOW I still can't believe it.

13 on the field. That is poor coaching on whoever told them subs to get on the field.

It was actually 14. The second time they count, after they're done counting, the camera pans just a touch and you can see the last one down towards the LSU sidelines.

Dont blame the coaches for everything. Failed stop on 3rd and long, then a failed stop on 4th and 13, and then the pass interference call in the endzone.
To be fair, that was a really bad call. Not a lot of contact on an utterly uncatchable ball. If that receiver had been 15' tall he still would have had absolutely zero chance of making a play on the ball, interference or not.

Les Miles commented on the end of the game and explained what happened. LSU was confused as to what package they were going to send in. The first package was a run package with Ridley. For some reason they switched it to a pass package and pulled the run package back. Tennessee was watching this and started in with some more LBs or Linemen. Then we saw LSU's pass package coming in. Wilcox responded by sending in the pass package and then confusion reigned within our defense on the field. No one came off the field and the ball was snapped. We got the penalty. Case closed. That's what happens when your this young. We dressed less than 70 players for this game. Half of those had yet to ever make a college road trip. Unbelievable we are in such a position.

I was coaching a baseball game today and missed it. My sons and myself were at a pizza restuarant when we saw the outcome of the game on the news there. I laughed out loud, looked around, and everyone in there but my family were wearing orange. I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there.

I agree, but the DB never turned his head towards the ball and that will get called all the time. Had he turned his head to face the ball they wouldnt have called it
While it's true that you are supposed to turn to the ball to avoid a penalty. There is not supposed to be any penalty when the ball is uncatchable, no matter which way you're looking.
Guest tnxdshooter
Unbelievable

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talkin about dude? They sucked. Dooley was stupid to walk off the field there at the end that last play could have been booth reviewed. Even the announcers on tv said that dude or the ball didnt break the plane and they didnt. Had it been reviewed it would have been over turned and TN would have won. Also, what kind of water head retard tries to do a multiple substitution without taking a time out (which they didnt have any left another gaffe of stupidity) and what kind of water head retard calls a wide receiver screen pass on third and ten? The likely hood of getting a first down off that on third and 10 is very very slim. Basically slim to none. Also the tv station and announcers seemed to wait around for a couple minutes before declaring a final cuz dooley never came back out for the review like they were expecting. I think that also showed bad sportsmanship and sets a bad example for our players. Ive said it before and will say it again 6 and 6 at best. Dooley also needs to learn to manage the clock better and save his time outs for the end. Had he done that that mulitple substitution gaffe would not have happened and tn would have had it in the bag.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest tnxdshooter
Les Miles commented on the end of the game and explained what happened. LSU was confused as to what package they were going to send in. The first package was a run package with Ridley. For some reason they switched it to a pass package and pulled the run package back. Tennessee was watching this and started in with some more LBs or Linemen. Then we saw LSU's pass package coming in. Wilcox responded by sending in the pass package and then confusion reigned within our defense on the field. No one came off the field and the ball was snapped. We got the penalty. Case closed. That's what happens when your this young. We dressed less than 70 players for this game. Half of those had yet to ever make a college road trip. Unbelievable we are in such a position.

Bull young aint got nothing to do with it. IT was coaching gaffes on the part of wilcox and dooley who I think are both not very good coaches. I about crapped when they announced dooley was coach and wilcox was defensive coordinator. But I reckon we have to live with it a couple more years and then we can fire em all.

It was either dooley or wilcox. More than likely dooley.

The headcoach isnt in charge of subs. It is the DC and the position coaches. LSU ran three men on the field at the last second and the ref didnt stand over the ball to give the defense a chance to do their subs like the rule says they are supposed to do. I am sure the UT players who ran on saw the LSU players come on at the last second and got confused. Young players make mistakes, it happens. Wilcox and Chaney are who I blame for this loss. You have to be able to stop people on 4th and 14.

Even the announcers on tv said that dude or the ball didnt break the plane and they didnt. Had it been reviewed it would have been over turned and TN would have won.

it was clearly a TD, I don't know how it would have been overturned.

UT had their chances and lost.

Say what you will. Just watched the Dereck Dooley show and he's a class act. Accepted responsibilty, Said it really hurt, Its over and will have to move on. The hemet throwing was mentioned and I think it is under review not that will change anything. I still think he has the character and positive attitude thats good for the sport.

Although,

I saw on Facebook

" How many Vols does it take to lose a football game "

Guest Sgt. Joe

Well you guys are not the only ones upset with your coach this week. I knew FL had little chance of beating Bama yesterday but the team who held them to 3 and then drove like mad men down the field on that first drive was a team that could have made a game of it and maybe even won the game.

But if I am coach and I am going for fourth and goal from the one and early in the game, my thinking is score or have them pinned deep which IMO= RUN.....once you put the ball in the air other bad things can happen, and on top of that a flipping jump pass? I also thought Brantley looked like crap, he seems to pitch the ball on the options without regard to where whomever is supposed to get the ball is actually at, he is simply not as good as I thought he was. But still that stupid jump pass I feel took a ton of momentum out of that team and while they made many more mistakes I still think had the Gators scored or even pinned Bama back on that drive that the entire game would have evolved differently.

I have often wondered about Urban's play calling as it seems as if he can not think of anything outside of the box. Our best play all year is still a darn fake punt and that stinks.

Sorry for the slight Hi-jack but we are all talking about stupid coaching and losing teams because of it.

The Vols are still very young but they are learning a whole lot each and every week and with 2 conference loses they are not out of it just yet, chances are good that FL will have those 2 losses by this time next week too. I'll ask it once more.....Is it Spurrier's turn again?