Making Changes

DWARREN123

I have been going over and over on what caliber I want, need and use best. I have decided on 40 S&W for many reasons best to say it's the best compromise for me.

I have sold or traded off all my handguns except for 2 CZ's. I have kept a 40 compact and Kadet in 22lr. During the trading selling I got a GLOCK 23, I do not love GLOCK's but in asking many folks, over time, I received many answers but everyone included GLOCK's.

I have put 250 rounds thru it and have no problems with 3 different brands/types of factory ammo and some reloads. It is no doubt the most accurate 40 S&W handgun I have fired (4 brands) and I am surprised with it. I still do not love GLOCK's but it will be my reliable CCW pistol.

The CZ 75 Compact 40 S&W is my favorite but every once in a while it has a hiccup and I will not carry unless I think it is 100%.

Now for a little something else, I have some 357 mag bullets, SWC and 180gr JHP and plated DEWC's.

32 caliber 100gr JHP's and 90gr SWC.

Also brass and reloaded ammo in plastic boxes for 32 H&R mag, 357 mag, 380 ACP and 9mm, some of the brass has been clean, resized and primed with Fed or Rem small pistol primers.

The brass, bullets and ammo is free to anyone who wants to come to Clarksville Tennesse and get it. All quanities are 100 or more count.

Don Warren

DWARREN123@HOTMAIL.COM

Give me a yell if interested.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TGO.

On account of your post count and this being the wrong forum for these types of posts I am apprehensive.

I really like the 40S&W round myself. Good stopping power and I love the feel of recoil in it. Can't blame you for deciding on it as a self defense round.

I hope you become a contributing member here.

Guest TargetShooter84
Welcome to TGO.

On account of your post count and this being the wrong forum for these types of posts I am apprehensive.

I just noticed the number of posts....I agree....Need to be more careful next time and follow the guidelines for using this TGO site.

I post on other forums and can understand the doubt. I am reachable thru my e-mail and if needed other methods. Not a B.S. post I can assure all of you.

I haven't been to the MCSC as of yet, I mostly go the The Shell Shop in Hopkinsville Ky and for long guns to Rock Hill Range up near Owensboro Ky (home of Whittaker Gun's).

Also go to the Second Amendment Gun Shop in Springfield Tn.

DWARREN123, glad to hear you like the glock somewhat anyway, I have a g27 and really like it, I carry it most days and sometimes carry my kahr PM9 when clothing dictates.

You might want to shoot only factory loads in your glock, that is one of the things that has been known to cause kabooms in glock 40's...

Guest canynracer
DW again welcome to this nuthouse, and here is hoping you become and active member.

we took Canynracer in too!! j/k Hope you find a home among us here

See now that is just mean. :koolaid:

hehehe, but I know what you mean :)

Don, thanks SSOOOOOO much!! That was WAY more than I expected, and I REALLY appreciate your generosity! Ive been wanting to try out some 180gr XTPs, and there they are!! Now my next gun is going to be a 32 mag. And that must be 300-400 XTPs for 32! Incredible!! You invested quite a bit in all of that, and to just give it away to someone you never even met is very cool!

Anyways, thanks again, and I hope you are on the receiving end of someone else's generosity soon.

Guest rockytop

Hi Don, It was very nice to meet you. I too, am blown away by your generosity. It was far more than I expected. I have just returned home and have not had an opportunity to use any of the ammo. Folks, he wouldn't even let me refund his cost of ammo cartridge boxes. I highly reccommend him to everyone on the forum.