Stupid Gun Store Tricks

Now I could be wrong but something tells me you cant just walk up in someone's house without knocking or a search warrant without their permission even if you are a police officer.

There are times they wouldn’t need a warrant. Called there, Plain view, hot pursuit, the home of someone on probation or parole, reason to believe someone is in danger, etc. From your description it sounds as though they had the wrong address, so it’s anybody’s guess as to why they just walked in.

If you filed a formal complaint and they didn’t contacted you; you could have contacted them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter
There are times they wouldn’t need a warrant. Called there, Plain view, hot pursuit, the home of someone on probation or parole, reason to believe someone is in danger, etc. From your description it sounds as though they had the wrong address, so it’s anybody’s guess as to why they just walked in.

If you filed a formal complaint and they didn’t contacted you; you could have contacted them.

You are right I could have but wont waste my time with it. Last time I complained against a cop in Athens they put him on desk work and he was fired shortly there after but that was years ago when I had more time on my hands.

Guest tnxdshooter

Also, I can tell you that they were not called that we know of as there would have been no reason for them to be called to my moms when she is quiet as a mouse. Apparently, they were looking for some dumb person that has supposedly skipped out on something or other. I really didnt listen to the whole conversation as I was to pissed. Come to find out the name they mentioned had not lived there according to the land lord in 10 years.

I think that I would have let him know that you would have also called the cops and gotten him for aggravated assault. Technically you could not have been charged if you drew your weapon because at that point you could clearly state that you felt your life was in danger. I dont think any jury would hold you accountable for drawing your weapon on someone or even shooting them for that matter if it came down to where you had to.

Had he pointed the gun AT ME, I would have handled the situation much differently, but he never actually pointed at me.

Guest tnxdshooter
Had he pointed the gun AT ME, I would have handled the situation much differently, but he never actually pointed at me.

Good point. Best advice I can give then is just stay away from there.