Installing Hogue Handall Grips on Glock 27, Glock 23

Who has installed these grips on a Glock?

I just spent about 20 minutes trying to install the Hogue Handall on my Glock 27. I tried the hairdryer/heat method and then the detergent soap method. I gave up when my anger exceeded my good judgment, and before I tore the grip.

A word of advice, a word of experience would go a long way here. When I've mastered the installation on my Glock 23, then I'll go to my Glock 27.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My decal grips gave up the ghost on Kahr PM9, so put a Hogue Jr on ...

Once I got it finally stretched around whole grip to start, I found that pressing down with both thumbs on top edge and pushing upward finally did it.

About a millimeter at a time.

And I did actually tear mine slightly using hemostats that proved not to work anyway.

Then I cut off the ridge on the front that is I guess supposed to be some sort of finger groove, which was a stupid "feature" for such a short grip.

- OS

Hair dryer has always worked for me on G22, G30, Kahr CW45 and the G30 is a bit wider in the body I think than the 23. They are a pain but get em good and warm, start from the front and get them as far up as you can before you try to pull the rear over. Once you get a half inch or so on the whole body, push up on the front strap portion and then work the sides and back up to match, repeat till in position. Sorry your going through the pain but you want them tight or they move when you don't want them to.

First, a reply to Mike which I should have mentioned: I am relatively new and I'm trying to develop good habits for shooting. My hand is somewhat large and I have trouble "aligning*" my grip on the gun's handle. The Hogue Handall appears to be **perfect** to solve this -- it 'fattens' the Glock's handle a bit and compensates for the poor fit.

*Aligning: My hand (I'm right-handed) rotates more than it should counterclockwise relative to the Glock's handle, looking down from the top. The second knuckle of my middle finger winds up **under** the triggerguard and absorbs the kick. Ouch.

The cure that I'm going after is to **fatten** the handle by adding the Hogue grip. Stippling isn't the answer.

Edited by perstare
add for clarity
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't try the alcohol idea so I can't say if that would have been successful or not.

However, a fellow on another board, Glock Talk, suggested that I try hairspray.

"HAIRSPRAY?? THAT WILL JUST MAKE IT STICKY!!" sayeth my wife.

Well, I tried it and it took about ten seconds to get the grip on ... just where I want it!

So to those out there with that same problem, you might want to try hairspray.

Mike B