February Mid-TN TGO Meet

Which day in Feb would work best for you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which day in Feb would work best for you?

• Sunday afternoon the 17th would work best for me
    • Saturday mid-day the 16th would work best for me
    • Either of those days would work for me
    • Neither of those days would work for me (please post)

Where we eat really depends on what range we decide to go to afterwards... Guns & Leather sounds like an interesting option (I've never been there), but, I understand that they are always packed. That could create a problem for a large group of us trying to get in to use the range.

If we can be sure that access to the range won't be an issue, I think a restaurant near Guns & Leather would be a good choice... Otherwise I'll start planning on reserving Famous Dave's again, and heading to On-Target afterwards. I'll start looking up options, so be looking for a separate thread and poll for meeting places.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is little in the way of restaurants in Greenbrier -just a Sonic across the st from G&L and a Mexican joint a couple doors down. I have never sampled the cuisine therein, so can't make any recommendation.

I can't do the 23rd, but I can catch y'all next time.

Where we eat really depends on what range we decide to go to afterwards... Guns & Leather sounds like an interesting option (I've never been there), but, I understand that they are always packed. That could create a problem for a large group of us trying to get in to use the range.

If we can be sure that access to the range won't be an issue, I think a restaurant near Guns & Leather would be a good choice... Otherwise I'll start planning on reserving Famous Dave's again, and heading to On-Target afterwards. I'll start looking up options, so be looking for a separate thread and poll for meeting places.

There is little in the way of restaurants in Greenbrier -just a Sonic across the st from G&L and a Mexican joint a couple doors down. I have never sampled the cuisine therein, so can't make any recommendation.

I can't do the 23rd, but I can catch y'all next time.

In that case, we should stick with Famous Dave's and On-Target. Consistency is good, especially when the alternatives aren't clearly better.

There are also some good restaurants in Murfreesboro, even closer to OT. If we want something a little nicer, there is Demo's Steak & Spaghetti (a couple more $ than Dave's, but very good!) as well as the normal stuff like Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's, Red Robin, etc. I also really like Jason's Deli, which is all of 800 yards from OT on the same road.

I'm still totally cool with Dave's, but just thought I'd throw those out there.

Unfortunately my sister is getting married on the 24th and has me freakin tied up all day saturday and sunday. Owl gun would have been fun since i live 5 miles from it and I am a member there, but oh well. There is always next month.

I just can not wait to see the ETS setup at the Pope show on the 16th. I hear those guys are pretty cool and might even cut you a good deal here and there.

Since the 23rd is rapidly approaching, I guess there needs to be a definite decision for time and location.

As it stands, On-Target is the best option for shooting... and it is a very good idea to try to eat close to the range. So, unless there is opposition or a better suggestion, this is what I propose:

The Mid-TN TGO Eat & Shoot will commence at 11:30 on the 23rd of February, beginning at Red Robin on Thompson Ln. In Murfreesboro, and proceed to On-Target immediately following lunch.

Does Red Robin take reservations?

Guest Jason F.

Yes they serve alcohol and no they do not take reservations but I bet it would be a good idea for someone to call ahead and have them working on getting a table together for our group.

Guest tokarev

I plan on being there with some extra ammo Musicman. I'll bring one of my Model 38's (same as your '44, only without the pointy part) so that we can shake the place up a bit.

Maybe I'll liberate one of the short barreled VZ 24's also (I'll bring the prettier one). I once had someone complain to me, at the TWRA range on Hobson Pike, that the Czech 24 was too loud, hee,hee! We can compare the flashes of surplus 7.62x54R with some 1940's Turkish 8mm.