Legal to Carry this?

Guest Grot

Im wondering if there would be anything to prevent someone from legally carrying this. With an HCP of course.

Not that it could be easily, if at all concealed.

More of a legality question.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, i liked it cause it was a SxS instead of OU, like most derringers.

The price is right too.

They also offer a 3" SxS and a 3" single shot.

If i end up getting one it will be a Nightstand gun, more than likely.

But, based on a few reviews i have read, the barrel selector switch is a PITA.

I have my Judge in reach(lets say near the night stand) with buckshot. I have 5 rounds there. Sure it cost a bit more then what you are looking at but 2 shots might be enough.

Like the song says, currently my home is protect by the Good Lord and a Gun. I have also taken steps to make certain my wife knows how to access/fire every loaded gun.

Guest tnxdshooter
I have my Judge in reach(lets say near the night stand) with buckshot. I have 5 rounds there. Sure it cost a bit more then what you are looking at but 2 shots might be enough.

Like the song says, currently my home is protect by the Good Lord and a Gun. I have also taken steps to make certain my wife knows how to access/fire every loaded gun.

My dad did use the federal 000 4 pellet buck in his public defender. That is until I bought him for his birthday in march the PDX1 winchester that has the three 000 buck and 12 bb pellets in it. I also bought him the bonded PDX1 45 colts. Man oh man the PDX1 .410 is so much better.

Guest tnxdshooter
Or why you would bet your life on a two shot .410?

Leave it for the squirrels and get a proper duty weapon.

This is about the dumbest post I have ever seen. The new federal handgun .410 has four 36 caliber 000 buck projectiles in it and they dont spread to wide. THey are killer trust me on that. Also, the new Winchester PDX1 .410 that I got my dad to use in his public defender instead of the Federal .410 handgun has three 36 caliber projectiles and 12 bb pellets in it. We (me and dad) shot em both and both agreed that the PDX1 are way better.

This is about the dumbest post I have ever seen. The new federal handgun .410 has four 36 caliber 000 buck projectiles in it and they dont spread to wide. THey are killer trust me on that. Also, the new Winchester PDX1 .410 that I got my dad to use in his public defender instead of the Federal .410 handgun has three 36 caliber projectiles and 12 bb pellets in it.

Wow way to insult him for having an opinion. He's not downing the round he's downing the gun as a choice for defensive carry. I agree with him. It's a cool gun to pop off at the range, but it lacks everything a good carry gun should be.

Maybe you should reel it in a bit man.

Guest tnxdshooter

Public Defender shooting PDX1 .410

Watch the pdx1 video

http://www.winchester.com/Products/shotshell-ammunition/supreme-elite/pdx1410/Pages/S410PDX1.aspx

45 lc

http://www.winchester.com/Products/handgun-ammunition/supreme-elite/bonded-pdx1/Pages/default.aspx?c=45+Colt

In fact the pdx 1 and the ranger t series are the same bullett. One is just sold under contractual obligations to law enforcement (although you can find ranger t series sometimes on the civilian market) the other is commercially produced with the public in mind. The FBI did chose the pdx1 in 40 cal due to its extremely high penetration as their round of choice. THey chose it for their 1911's as well.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest Xring04

No cold hard facts of penetration testing. Hmmmmmm.... wonder why???????

Does look snazzy though, kinda like extreme shock ammo. If I carried a Judge, I'd carry .45 colt over shot shells of any kind.

Guest tnxdshooter
For the Judge lovers, see this.

The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1

Be sure to read all three pages. Looks like it might work on snakes, but even the slugs don't get enough penetration coming out of the judge.

I dont take that forum with a grain of salt. It is a bunch of crap as I have shot one and have seen the damage it can do first hand. Aside from that the 45lc has killed more men than any other round. It may be slow moving but it hits like a freight train. Also, xring if you dont think that the 410 will kill ya let someone shoot ya in the chest with it and see what it does.

Guest tnxdshooter
Wow way to insult him for having an opinion. He's not downing the round he's downing the gun as a choice for defensive carry. I agree with him. It's a cool gun to pop off at the range, but it lacks everything a good carry gun should be.

Maybe you should reel it in a bit man.

I wasnt trying to insult anyone. I just get tired of people dissing this or that ammo or this or that gun when they probably 99% of the time have not even shot that type of gun or that type of ammo. I just hate arm chair quarterbacking is all. Also, I am tired of people dissing taurus firearms. The judge and public defender is a great weapon as are the slim 40 and 9 and get rave reviews from everyone I know that owns them. Sure back in the 90s or earlier they may have been crap. It is the same type thing with our cattle. We raise a breed of cattle from france called Salers (pronounced sa lair) back in the 70's when they were first imported to the us american cattleman got taken by some canadians and bought wild fence jumping man killers. Thus, they got a bad rep. Todays Salers cattle are so gentle I nearly have to beat em with a stock stick to get them to herd they just stand there looking at me like a big dumby wanting me to pet them. However, they still get bashed almost constantly by ignorant folks that have never tried em they are simply stating what they heard. Which in turn makes me laugh cuz while they are out there pulling calves out of their charolais, limousins, etc I am standing there watching cows pop salers calves out like they just farted em out. Never had to pull one yet in five years. Granted we may have a mal presentation where the calf is turned the wrong way but I dont think we will ever have to pull one.

Edited by tnxdshooter
This is about the dumbest post I have ever seen.

This won’t end well. Have you saved up for your vacation? :popcorn:

THey are killer trust me on that.

WHy have you shot someone with it?

I think carrying a .410 as a carry gun is ridiculous. But that’s just me.

Edited by DaveTN
Also, xring if you dont think that the 410 will kill ya let someone shoot ya in the chest with it and see what it does.

I dont think a bb gun will kill me, But Im not going to let anyone shoot me in the chest with one.

This is about the dumbest post I have ever seen. The new federal handgun .410 has four 36 caliber 000 buck projectiles in it and they dont spread to wide. THey are killer trust me on that. Also, the new Winchester PDX1 .410 that I got my dad to use in his public defender instead of the Federal .410 handgun has three 36 caliber projectiles and 12 bb pellets in it. We (me and dad) shot em both and both agreed that the PDX1 are way better.

And what testing methods did you use to derive this conclusion? Can you post your test data and results? Or is this more anecdotal bull****?

I'm betting the latter.

I wasnt trying to insult anyone. I just get tired of people dissing this or that ammo or this or that gun when they probably 99% of the time have not even shot that type of gun or that type of ammo. I just hate arm chair quarterbacking is all. Also, I am tired of people dissing taurus firearms. The judge and public defender is a great weapon as are the slim 40 and 9 and get rave reviews from everyone I know that owns them.
I'm not an armchair quarterback. If you think the Judge is a great weapon by all means carry one. But don't call anyone else wrong who doesn't emulate your flawed confidence in the platform.

Taurus has repeatedly and consistently put out sub-par firearms. I've seen more of their weapons come back for repair than virtually every other manufacturer.

I wasnt trying to insult anyone. I just get tired of people dissing this or that ammo or this or that gun when they probably 99% of the time have not even shot that type of gun or that type of ammo. I just hate arm chair quarterbacking is all. Also, I am tired of people dissing taurus firearms. The judge and public defender is a great weapon as are the slim 40 and 9 and get rave reviews from everyone I know that owns them. Sure back in the 90s or earlier they may have been crap.

You did indeed insult someone. You should also look to the background of the people you insult before you go on your little tirade.

Mike

Edited by Mike
Guest Xring04

I'll pass on standing in front of anything, that however does not rule out that the penetration of your pet pistol, caliber, errr..gauge is lacking.

I wasnt trying to insult anyone. I just get tired of people dissing this or that ammo or this or that gun when they probably 99% of the time have not even shot that type of gun or that type of ammo. I just hate arm chair quarterbacking is all. Also, I am tired of people dissing taurus firearms. The judge and public defender is a great weapon as are the slim 40 and 9 and get rave reviews from everyone I know that owns them. Sure back in the 90s or earlier they may have been crap. It is the same type thing with our cattle. We raise a breed of cattle from france called Salers (pronounced sa lair) back in the 70's when they were first imported to the us american cattleman got taken by some canadians and bought wild fence jumping man killers. Thus, they got a bad rep. Todays Salers cattle are so gentle I nearly have to beat em with a stock stick to get them to herd they just stand there looking at me like a big dumby wanting me to pet them. However, they still get bashed almost constantly by ignorant folks that have never tried em they are simply stating what they heard. Which in turn makes me laugh cuz while they are out there pulling calves out of their charolais, limousins, etc I am standing there watching cows pop salers calves out like they just farted em out. Never had to pull one yet in five years. Granted we may have a mal presentation where the calf is turned the wrong way but I dont think we will ever have to pull one.

Mike pretty much beat me to it, but I'll add a few things. I do not have much faith in Taurus semi-autos but I think their revolvers are OK. I don't want to carry anything called "The Judge". Shoot one at the range? Sure! I don't like the 2 shot derringer because it's just insane to think about carrying it. It's got an 11 inch barrel!!!!

Just my opinion but I think you jumped off at the mouth and took something personal when there was no cause to.

Legal? With my admittedly limited knowledge of the law, I don't see why not. Of course, it is also technically 'legal' to carry a Drako AK-47 pistol on a walk at Radnor Lake State Park but I personally wouldn't do either.