Sig P250

Gun Smith

I purchased a Sig P250 a couple of months ago. So far I've only ran about 300 rounds through it. I also used it when I went for my HCP. I really like the gun. To me, it shoots very nice and feels great. However, I am now afraid of the possible upcoming buyers remorse and am wishing I had done more research before making the purchase. The reason. Last night I came across a thread on another forum with 224 posts dating back to 2008 to the present. Most where complaining about ejecting/jambing issues. Some started having problems from the first rounds fired. Others developed later. Mine has performed flawless so far. I am hoping that the problems with the gun were worked out before my purchase. What do you guys know about the P250 and what should I expect?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal experience with the P250 as far as shooting it has been very positive. The only negative thing I know about them is they don't sell well and Sig has lowered the price on them. In my experience with that, the reason they don't sell well is people that come in and ask for Sig pistols almost always want the traditional double action version such as the P229 or P226, and people that want a lighter polymer gun are usually looking for Glocks or XDs.

Guest carbonarcher

I would hold on! I love my Sig P250 compact in 9mm. I have 500 rounds down the tube, no issues.. You must remember you are reading history. Usually when any new pistol makes it to the market, the almost always have teething problems. This is the reason why I waited to buy mine. Purchased it about one month ago. If you are going to have doubts in the back of your mind, sell it. This pistol does give you many options. This was one of the selling points for me.

You have to be careful about reading forums with long lists of complaints about any gun. (or anything at all really). People who have problems are much more likely to find a place to complain, and people who are satisfied don't usually bother to say so. That being said, if a new gun is going to have a problem (unless it is a reliability/durability issue) usually have them early. 300 flawless rounds is more than most people can say about any new gun.

I'm not a huge fan of Sig, but i believe the P250 is a well made pistol. I'd go as far as saying that is about only other pistol they got right beside the P210. And since the P210's are somewhat hard and expensive to come by, the SigP250 would be the first sig pistol I'll buy.

most of its bad rap from SIG purists that prefer

the all metal SIG and hate the fact that they (SIG) made a move into the "DarkSide"poly market

That being said I tried out a full size P250 and thought it was less than a stellar shooter compared to the

more expensive models they MFG and IMO if you want a great POLY gun there are better choices (glock,xd,SR etc)

But I am sure that P250 will eat any ammo you can feed it and will be reliable like all SIGS are

most of its bad rap from SIG purists that prefer

IMO if you want a great POLY gun there are better choices (glock,xd,SR etc)

I would have gone with a Glock, but is just felt so "clunky/chunky" in my hands. I couldn't get past that. I kept hearing over and over, "get the one that feels the most comfortable to you". I also tried some others, but kept going back to the Sig. Having said that, I'd rather have a gun that does not feel the most comfortable but is reliable as to one that feels good but doesn't always perform.

As stated before, mine has had zero issues so far. But, the "so far" has not been very long yet.

Well, I'm not sure I'm a Sig purist, but I love my 226 that I've had since 1990. That being said, I bought a 250 2Sum, with a subcompact frame and slide and a full size frame/slide sharing the same trigger module. I've run 500 rounds or so through each of the 250 incarnations and like it. I bought it on my son's recommendation as he, too is a Sig enthusiast. I've had no problems at all with the 250, a great shooter and very reliable, but it will never be my favorite as it is DAO. I love Sig's DA/SA as represented in the 226. I will say that I carry the 250 sub when clothing makes concealing the 226 difficult. I would not hesitate to recommend it, it will just never replace my first love, the 226.

Edited by MikePapa1
Correcting stupid typos

Glock is for many people an acquired taste ,myself included.......I grew to like them allot later....

Guns are a constant UPGRADE and LOW QTYS

I never have enough,there is always one I want - treat yourself,you only live once upgrade to something

more impressive ...You wont regret having another GUN

I have a P250. So far I've put about 1500 rds down the pipe. Not a single issue. The trigger feels better every time I shoot it. It shoots anything I feed it. I have no regrets and I will keep this one. I really like how you can remove the fire control module. My P250 is defitely my cleanest weapon.

Great gun, no regrets.

You have to be careful about reading forums with long lists of complaints about any gun. (or anything at all really). People who have problems are much more likely to find a place to complain, and people who are satisfied don't usually bother to say so. That being said, if a new gun is going to have a problem (unless it is a reliability/durability issue) usually have them early. 300 flawless rounds is more than most people can say about any new gun.

Very well said and I agree. Don't worry about it and enjoy your sig.

Does anybody know if the P250 comes with the brown frame/black slide combo? I'm sold on the P250 as my next EDC, and I really dig the brown frame/black slide combo. But I have not seen one out there. I checked the web and checked the sig sauer website with no luck.

Guest malbolja

I guess I have 2000-2500 rounds through my 250. At first I had an occasional shell eject straight back but it worked itself out over the first few hundred rounds. I had occasional light primer strikes with various FMJ ammo and LOTS of them with Wolf. I never had one with self defense ammo. I put 2 small lock washers inside the hammer to shim out the mainspring and the problem disappeared, even with Wolf. IIRC the Euro version of the P250 had a heavier trigger pull. I think Sig lightened it to make it more appealing to the US market and went a hair too light on the mainspring. Both issues I encountered are fairly common with early P250s (I bought the first one I saw in a store, thank you G&L). A lot of people are turned off by the trigger but it's just very different than any other pistol I have fired and takes a few hundred rounds to adapt to because it's so light & smooth.

I have carried it almost every day in a Blade Tech UCH for 2-3 years and am very happy with the pistol and holster.

Guest The Highlander

I too like SIG's, but I'm not a purist, and don't really care where they were made. The purists only want certain proofmarks and condemn any SIG made in America for instance. I carry and shoot a P220 Elite in .45 ACP.

I thought the P250 was a little gimmicky with the interchangeable frames and so on when they first came out. Then when I thought about it a little bit, it made excellent sense to me. I also played with one at the NRA show this summer, and spoke with one of their engineers. Wifey and I hit the SIG booth with a little bit of a lull, and he asked me what I thought of the gun, what my shooting experience was, what i'd like to see as the next available option for the gun, etc.

He seemed to actually listen to me, and to a couple of others that were "playing" with the guns at the same time. That impressed me.

When I have a chance (and a little free gun money!) I'll look into the options and probably get a 250. I'd love to have a .22 lr version with adjustable sights, and a "tactical" (dang, I hate that word) long barrel, adjustable sighted version. Think a Glock 34 or 35. Pair that with a subcompact and maybe a full-size frame, and you would have a nice set.

I also agree with the others that have said to discount the negative comments on the gun. For instance the Ruger SR9 was badly received, but mine has been every bit as reliable as any of my Glocks, and is MUCH more comfortable feeling and carrying.

The Highlander