Purchasing a new TV, need some suggestions...

Bubbatn

So my brother, sister-in-law, and me are thinking about trying to get my dad & stepmom a new TV for Christmas, however we only have a budget of about $300 bucks. They don't really need anything special(HD, super flat tv, dvd combo setup or anything like that....and really widescreen doesn't matter[or can you even buy one that isn't widescreen anymore?]), just a simple unti for watching plain ol' TV. As far as size, We are thinking about 26"(seems to be a pretty standard size) would be about right, but if we could find a deal on abit bigger screen...we wouldn't be opposed to that. Like I said, they don't need or care for anything special, but we would like to get them a fairly good quality TV for the money....something that they aren't going to have problems with a few months down the road.

I haven't bought a TV in a LONG time, so I need some suggestions and was hoping someone may know of some good deals on something we might be interested in. So if any of you guys might have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away from RCA, Westinghouse, and Zenith. They're pretty much the bottom of the bottom, along with the brands nobody has ever heard of. The picture is usually lousy and they're often about the same price as a better one. Vizio does seem to have a good rep as a bargain TV.

That Vizio model at WM is also available on Amazon for $299.99. About $20 less than WM once you factor in sales tax.

Amazon.com: Vizio E320VL 32-inch 720p LCD HDTV: Televisions & Video