Its a little early, but has anyone come up with their New Year's resolution(s)?

mav

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

I turn 39 on December 30th, and am probably 100+ lbs overweight.

I used to be an avid runner. Then I got married, and settled into a low-exertion lifestyle. I have paid the price too. My health, fully vetted, is superb thanks to genetics, but my knees and such are feeling the excess.

I intend to run a marathon on my 40th birthday.

Pipe-dream? Perhaps. But you have to start somewhere.

I resolve to not lust after every small pistol I see. Well, that one will get broken at first gun show. But seriously, I don't make resolutions since they are so easily broken. But if I did, I would:

Try to take more tactical/firearms training, become a certified instructor for HCP, become NRA certified, obtain more knowledge concerning the impending economical/financial collapse, run for political office, sumo wrestle with Suntzu, and from there I digress........

Get my running to a higher level of consistency and distance. 5K sub 24 minutes. Run the St. Jude half again, this time in under 2 hours. Need to get my weight down to 155-160, this running will help, i'm around 175. Eat healthier.

Well I already quit smoking 3 weeks ago and I'm not big on resolutions but, I want to get my gym regimen back on track. I've been kinda lazy lately.

congrats on the quit smoking thing.....its been since August 20, 2006 for me. Stick to it, its well worth it!!!!

You beat me to it, I was planning to start a thread like this tonight.

I do have one.

I am sick and tired of never having enough cash to do anything. Ever since I have been paid via direct deposit, all my money hits the bank and I generally only go places I can use a credit card. Anytime I need just a little pocket money I end up needing to go to the bank and I am tired of it. Anytime my wife says something about lets go out to dinner my first thought is, I don't have any money handy for a tip. (I don't like tipping on a credit card, I prefer to leave a tip on the table for them).

So, my Resolution is to keep 100 dollars of cash available. The break down is going to be something like 1x20, 6x10's and 20x1's. This is not going to be like everyday spending money or O i have some money lets go someplace. This is going to be for those unusual events when I need cash. I am going to treat it like a gas tank. When I do get into this money, my resolution has a follow up to replace it by the next pay period.

Plus this would be good if for some reason I had to get up in the middle of the night and just go some place, I could get it.

congrats on the quit smoking thing.....its been since August 20, 2006 for me. Stick to it, its well worth it!!!!

Thanks! I quit once before when I was 22 and should have never started back, but I did. This time though I just kicked it cold turkey. Got tired of not being able to run a half mile without feeling like I was going to die.

Training for a bike ride the first part of May that's called 3 State 3 Mountain. It's a 100 mile ride that starts and ends in Chattanooga, and as you probably guessed you ride through 3 states (TN, AL, GA) and climb 3 mountains (Suck Creek, Sand Mountain, Lookout Mountain) along the way.

Edited by Trekbike
Training for a bike ride the first part of May that's called 3 State 3 Mountain. It's a 100 mile ride that starts and ends in Chattanooga, and as you probably guessed you ride through 3 states (TN, AL, GA) and climb 3 mountains (Suck Creek, Sand Mountain, Lookout Mountain) along the way.

Are you planning on doing the century? I haven't ridden it, but I hear it is pretty tough.