Appendix Carry

Or the "other side" for all us southpaws.

I have been carrying in this position for the last two years and just did some lurking about reading up on the pros and cons.

One prevailing comment throughout was "where is the bullet going in the event of an accidental discharge?"

Scary thought, but by keeping your finger OFF THE TRIGGER until on target, it should be as safe as any other on-the-body position. It should also be mentioned to take extreme care when re-holstering!!!

I am 5'9" 165lbs and my pants on worn at my waistline, not riding on my hips. Even with a medium sized handgun, 1911 Commander or CZ 75B, I have no problems with comfort or concealment with an untucked shirt.

Anybody else carry like this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rsgillmd

I tried it but found my hand would frequently bump into the grip of my Sig when I was reaching for my wallet (I carry my wallet in my front pocket unless I'm in scrubs). It felt weird initially to draw from a 4-o-clock position, but with practice I've gotten used to it.

The other down side was the risk of inadvertently exposing the gun if I lift my shirt to get to my pager or phone.

However I'll wear my Kahr PM40 at 2-o-clock without a problem.

I've been wanting to try appendix carry for while now, I just haven't found the right holster.

I think it would be nice to appendix carry when on long trips. It's almost impossible to get to my weapon when it's behind my back up against my seat.

I've been wanting to try appendix carry for while now, I just haven't found the right holster.

I think it would be nice to appendix carry when on long trips. It's almost impossible to get to my weapon when it's behind my back up against my seat.

Have you looked at the Safepacker?