MCTS Intro to Competitive Shooting / TGO meet and greet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot my first match at 59 and got hooked. MCTS members welcomed my adult kids and they got hooked as well. Don't let a late start discourage you. I even got a knee replacement so I can keep up with the kids and shoot the shotgun I got for Christmas. See you in Dickson!

Charlie

Thanks for putting this together. I have read through all the materials and even practiced some of the dry fire drills. I think those 20 yards shots are going to be interesting, but I plan on being there and bringing a buddy.

Guest gw2and4
^^^^^ Thanks, I'll give them a call. I was trying to snag some locally for hopefully practicing this weekend.

If you don't find any, I have a stash of them and I'll give you a couple. PM me and we'll figure out where to meet up.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Kyle,

It was great speaking with you earlier tonight. I hope you and your daughter come out to the match and meet & greet. If you need any equipment, I am always available to discuss. You will be more than welcome to it for the match.

I was asked today about the duration and agenda of the day's events: Registration will be from 8 AM to 8:45. We will have a special new shooter's meeting at 8:45 with multiple safety officers depending on the turnout. We will start with rounds downrange after the all shooters' meeting. Individuals will squad up with a safety officer and will be with that person for the duration of the day's events(for example: if we have 40 shooters there will be 4 squads - 50 equals five squads and so forth). With the 7 shooting bays setup for the Intro match there should not be any backup/waiting by any squad. Whether it be 50 or 70 or more shooters we will still be finished around 12:30 that afternoon.

There will be experienced shooters shooting in the squads so please ask them any questions or assistance they can provide to make yourself better. There will be a man vs man steel free side match after the Intro match. For those that do not wish to participate in the man vs man side match there will be experienced shooters running through stages and a basic competition shooting clinic.

I am excited for the opportunity in presenting our club and the sport to everyone!

Edited by HOGNUT
Guest gw2and4

Sounding more and more awesome, even for an experienced MCTS attender like myself. Barring any unforeseen events of the bad persuasion, I'll be there along with one or a few new shooters. There may even be a wheelgun sighting in my holster.