MCTS Intro to Competitive Shooting / TGO meet and greet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ForPointSix
This type of match is designed for CCW and EDC equipment.

I have never been to a match before.

The only holster I have is a IWB, is that OK? Plus I have a magazine pouch?

It is just fine as long as it stays open with the gun out of it, for this match we designed it so all the starting positions are from low ready or from a table top. This was to make it new shooter friendly as not everyone has all the required gear if they haven't tried this before.

If you aren't using a holster for this match have a case or pistol rug to transport your gun between stages.

• Administrator

You guys have fun. I'm spending the day inside with my wife where it's warm. Somehow I got pre-comitted to be at this thing and all sorts of other promises were made by the OP that I never agreed to, so I've been on the fence about this ever since.

Maybe next time they'll go through the proper channels and we can do it up right as an official TGO event.

Hopefully no one else went off half-cocked at the event itself. :)

Anybody who was bitten by the competitive shooting bug today (and everybody else who was there, for that matter) should come check out next weekend's USPSA match. 5 challenging stages, 133 rounds, lots of steel targets, lots of movement. First time shooters shoot free. Check out the thread or PM me for more info.

DVC,

Aaron

Thanks to MCTS for having the intro match. I had a good time as well. Planning on making it out again at some point. I learned how bad I am with something other than static range shooting.

One thing I was curious about was did the other groups, besides Greg's, have a bunch of malfunctions? My group seemed to have a shocking number IMO. I can understand the one I had with the weak hand shots since I don't practice that. I had a primer that failed to fire (reloads), a couple failure to feeds, one double feed. Now granted I'm loading my rounds on the lighter side to minimize recoil. I might have to bump up the charge to get it to cycle more reliably, although they have been working at the range.

Not sure how many others that had malfunctions were shooting reloads.

Thanks to our hosts for putting this on I had a great time and will definately do this again. Ya'll made it very easy to try this type of competition. No on the clock reloads or drawing from the holster helps as a new shooter. Thanks again

Anybody who was bitten by the competitive shooting bug today (and everybody else who was there, for that matter) should come check out next weekend's USPSA match. 5 challenging stages, 133 rounds, lots of steel targets, lots of movement. First time shooters shoot free. Check out the thread or PM me for more info.

DVC,

Aaron

:stare:

I'm home safe and sound. Thank you for doing this it was great. Special thanks to my SO, Chip. He was extremely helpful and patient with us.

Now that we are hooked I guess we have to join MCTS. LOL

I am glad you enjoyed your time at the match and hope you learned a few things shooting at multiple targets. We hope to see you back there anytime!

Thanks to MCTS for having the intro match. I had a good time as well. Planning on making it out again at some point. I learned how bad I am with something other than static range shooting.

One thing I was curious about was did the other groups, besides Greg's, have a bunch of malfunctions? My group seemed to have a shocking number IMO. I can understand the one I had with the weak hand shots since I don't practice that. I had a primer that failed to fire (reloads), a couple failure to feeds, one double feed. Now granted I'm loading my rounds on the lighter side to minimize recoil. I might have to bump up the charge to get it to cycle more reliably, although they have been working at the range.

Not sure how many others that had malfunctions were shooting reloads.

Multiple people had issues with jams(limp wristing) and failure to feed problems. Shooting indoors with no wind or cold weather is different than what you experienced today. I am happy that you enjoyed yourself at the match today. It was GREAT putting people faces with their names on the forum. Hope to see you back soon!

It was bitter cold today with rain, sleet, snow, and hail(LOL.....sorry mud also). It was GREAT seeing the vast number of people who came out to the event. We had 55 scored shooters today which was outstanding for the weather. Thank you for all those that came out and enjoyed the day with us. We hope to see you in the near future as I believe a lot of friendships were made today.

Edited by HOGNUT

I'd also like to thank MCTS for hosting an AWESOME match. I had so much fun that I can't wait to do it again. Even knowing what I know now, I'd brave the sloppy mud, frigid cold weather, and long waits at some bays to do it again tomorrow.

I resent the time I wasted waiting to give it a try. Now that I know how much fun it is, I'm hooked.

I'd also like to thank MCTS for hosting an AWESOME match. I had so much fun that I can't wait to do it again. Even knowing what I know now, I'd brave the sloppy mud, frigid cold weather, and long waits at some bays to do it again tomorrow.

I resent the time I wasted waiting to give it a try. Now that I know how much fun it is, I'm hooked.

Thank you for the kind words. We try our best to provide the type of shooting that requires accuracy and focus due to innocent by-standers that may be around if you had to discharge your weapon. Wished we had another day of shooting myself. Trying to get back into shape to win more trophies this upcoming year.

My hands are still too numb to type.

Had a great time and wow, what an eye opener. It will be hard to go back to static targets again.

Thanks Hognut for helping me out and being patient.

You did not tell us the story behind your handle.

No one at MCTS will loose their patience or their desire to help individuals to get better. Anytime (even if I not being the safety officer) you are there at the range, the safety officer will be fair and polite(until he/she see the inside of the gun barrel being muzzled).

I will send you a PM about my HOGNUT name.

I brought 100 reloads but wanted to be sure and stopped by wally world Friday. Maybe Ill test the reloads at GnL tomorrow. Meh static targets.

I had two failures. One time the safety was still on. DOH! And another the pistol quit after four rounds. That is all that was in it. LOL

Thought I had lost my cell phone, but It was hiding in my range bag. Must have been all the noise.

First off, thanks to all the guys who made it out earlier than myself to handle setting up the COF's.

HUGE props and thanks to all the new shooters who made it out to shoot with us this morning, it's really great to make some new friends and help introduce guys to how fun this stuff is.

BTW, the weather today was brutal, if you guys had fun today I can't wait share some laughs when we're putting on the sunblock later in the season...

- Chip

Thanks mcts for setting up the match and I thought it was a blast and I'm hooked now also. Thanks to hognut for answering my questions and things a couple weeks before the match.

I enjoyed meeting a lot of the people and talking about guns with everyone.

Thanks again

Sacker12345 (Kyle little)