2011 Car

willis68

Which Car should I order this Spring?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Car should I order this Spring?

• 2011 Nissan 370Z Touring/Sports package
    • 2011 Challenger SRT8 6 speed manual
    • 2011 Ford Mustang GT 6 Speed Manual

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Z is a Blast to drive, and the same money as the others I am considering
Sarcasm...it was sarcasm...

I have one and YES it is a blast to drive...straight up drag racing...the other two might out run the Z...get on a real road(curves) and the 300+ HP V6 Z-car will out run either one.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I have one and YES it is a blast to drive...straight up drag racing...the other two might out run the Z...get on a real road(curves) and the 300+ HP V6 Z-car will out run either one.

The 2011 Mustang is no slouch on a road course. Sure the Z should be lighter and perhaps better balanced but I wouldnt write the mustang off. Lighting Lap Results from Car and Driver's Lightning Lap at VIR:

3:08.6 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 LL2 2/11

3:12.0 NISSAN NISMO 370Z LL2 2/10

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
man all this talk of z06's i had to go pull mine out of storage and drive lol.love it

I see you are from Manchester. My folks live in Manchester. Cant say that I have seen a C6 Z06 out and about there but then again I dont visit too often these days lol

Guest glock20
I see you are from Manchester. My folks live in Manchester. Cant say that I have seen a C6 Z06 out and about there but then again I dont visit too often these days lol

next time you down this way pm me.take ya for a ride.theres only 2 c6 z06's running around here that i have seen.some old guy has one and course his is black like mine.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

I will have to take you up on that. I used to run around Manchester in a White/Black 1st gen RX7 when I was living at home and going to MTSU.

The 2011 Mustang is no slouch on a road course. Sure the Z should be lighter and perhaps better balanced but I wouldnt write the mustang off. Lighting Lap Results from Car and Driver's Lightning Lap at VIR:

3:08.6 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 LL2 2/11

3:12.0 NISSAN NISMO 370Z LL2 2/10 [/url]

And the stock 5.0 Mustang barely, (and arguably), lost to the BMW M3. The Boss 302 trounced the M3, but good luck getting one of those.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1010_2011_2011_ford_mustang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comparison/index.html

Mustang Boss 302 Beats BMW M3 Around Laguna Seca |

• Administrator

This coming from someone who for about 12 years was a die-hard Mustang guy... anything but a Mustang. They have become like a--holes and elbows... everyone has them.

I've been digging the SRT8 Challenger since they came out and think that would rock. I had an SRT8 300C a few years ago and the 6.1L Hemi is a beast. You'd love it. :)

Guest glock20
I will have to take you up on that. I used to run around Manchester in a White/Black 1st gen RX7 when I was living at home and going to MTSU.

buddy of mine has a 92 gtu rx7(i think thats what year it is).he put a lt1 in it.thing will go pretty good.i had my 03 cobra dyno tuned by dyno speed in memphis

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
buddy of mine has a 92 gtu rx7(i think thats what year it is).he put a lt1 in it.thing will go pretty good.i had my 03 cobra dyno tuned by dyno speed in memphis

Haha mine is still rocking a rotary..Albeit with a turbocharged 2nd gen engine :) Yeah dynospeed is about 5 minutes from where I live now.

This coming from someone who for about 12 years was a die-hard Mustang guy... anything but a Mustang. They have become like a--holes and elbows... everyone has them.

I've been digging the SRT8 Challenger since they came out and think that would rock. I had an SRT8 300C a few years ago and the 6.1L Hemi is a beast. You'd love it. :)

David,

yes indeed, as soon as the 6.4 liter SRT8 392 is available I am ordering one!!!!

Guest mustangdave

My brother in law is on his SECOND SRT8 Charger...he traded the first one in for an 08 GT500...these are his words..."the GT500 was TO MUCH car"...within a year he's down sized to a 2010 GT...in less than 8 months after that he was back in a gently used SRT8 Charger...the time frame usage...was Sept 07 bought the first SRT8...Nov 010 to the current SRT8...he likes his big gangsta rollin' Charger

As 85RX-7 (Nate) mentioned... know your facts before you start spouting off. I don't care if you have me on ignore or not, everyone can laugh at this - the fact that you spew misinformation like it's going out of style, is laughable. Nissan Fan, indeed... :)

Putting an LT-1 in an RX-7 would ruin the car imho. The rotary engine is what makes those cars so appealing and unique.

I'll say that I agree with you, to a point (on swapping the motor in an FB, FC, FD...), but I will say, that if you ever have the chance to drive an LS-powered FD car, please do so. Once I did, I never wanted to have anything rotary, again (and this is coming from someone that's owned 2 FDs)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

After finding out today after watching Ultimate factories that the 2011 Challenger SRT8 is NOT made in America, car in Canada, Hemi engine in Mexico, (so much for an American Muscle Car) and that the price is going to be over 6K more than the Nissan 370Z, I decided I will go for the Japanese sports car. I drove one last week with the sports package and the syncro rev transmission 6 speed, that was one of the most fun cars I have ever driven

I will have my new car this Spring

I think you will be happier with the Z given you were originally going for the Ducati. Curves are so much fun. If you want the take the poor mans Duc for spin (aka the SuperHawk) I will swap you for a spin in the Z. LOL My interest lean towards anything that handles.

been a few years since I studied geography but I used to believe the Canada and Mexico were in America.

Sorry Mike, I meant to say U.S.A now what is truly sad is that our Korean Kia Sorrento was made completely in the USA in Georgia and the Muscle car Challenger is made in Canada and Mexico sorry that disappoints me

I work all over the world and to me the USA is America

Guest mustangdave
My brother in law is on his SECOND SRT8 Charger...he traded the first one in for an 08 GT500...these are his words..."the GT500 was TO MUCH car"...within a year he's down sized to a 2010 GT...in less than 8 months after that he was back in a gently used SRT8 Charger...the time frame usage...was Sept 07 bought the first SRT8...Nov 010 to the current SRT8...he likes his big gangsta rollin' Charger

I have to update this....as of today the brother in law is a certified car a-holic...he took his SRT8 Charger in to the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation...and left with a 2011 Charger R/T...this time in BLACK...

I have to update this....as of today the brother in law is a certified car a-holic...he took his SRT8 Charger in to the dealership for an oil change and tire rotation...and left with a 2011 Charger R/T...this time in BLACK...

LOL

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a NEW car, disregard this. If thats not an absolute requirement, you may want to take a look at a pre-owned Mercedes E55/E63 AMG. Full sedan functionality and bigger balls than any of the cars you have listed. You could get one in the price range you are looking in but you still have the maintenance cost of a 90k car. Just a thought. Good luck!