$ 5.00 for St. Jude ?

BigPoppa

As some of you may know, my family and I are pretty regular supporters of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.

My Dad has established a memorial fund at St. Jude in honor of his late wife, who died in 2004 in a traffic accident. She was just 49 years old.

Anyway, if you have a few extra bucks laying around, please consider hitting this link to make a memorial donation to St. Jude St. Jude Tribute:. Donations as small as $ 5.00 can be made, and would be very much appreciated. We're trying to get to $ 500 by Valentine's Day.

If you can help, please do.

Thanks !!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. Guys and gals, St. Jude is a great place doing great things! No matter how you go about donating, please keep St. Jude in mind when choosing charities to donate to. I've been there a few times and seeing the children breaks my heart, but the staff, volunteers, and families there renew my faith in mankind.

Done.
Done. Guys and gals, St. Jude is a great place doing great things! No matter how you go about donating, please keep St. Jude in mind when choosing charities to donate to. I've been there a few times and seeing the children breaks my heart, but the staff, volunteers, and families there renew my faith in mankind.

Thanks guys. Besides St. Jude doing great work, this memorial tribute fund really is a special, emotional thing for my Dad.

Done. St. Jude is by far one of the most important causes one can give to. The work they do not only with patients, but the research and the treatments they are discovering are so important, more important than any of us, I hope, ever have to realize. If your child does get sick, you are close to one of the leaders in childhood cancer treatment facilities.

I ran the Memphis Half Marathon for St. Jude in 2009. The things I learned, the people I met, the people I saw were amazing. The route starts near FedEx Forum and goes down to Riverside drive, then goes East on Auction and turns into the St. Jude campus, then on out toward the zoo. Well this morning was about 27 degrees when the race started and it was cold, very cold. As I ran, I saw posters of children that were patients, runners that were running for a specific child, then we go through the campus. There weren't many, due to many reasons, but there were a few kids, patients, either standing, being held, or in a wheelchair along the course, cheering us on. My heart fell out of my chest. The look on their eyes, watching the runners, who are doing this for them, was priceless, it was heartwarming, it was heart breaking. It was the most extreme swing of emotion I have ever felt. Do you realize how hard it is to run when you are crying. Give something, no matter how little, or how big, the appreciation is more than you or I will ever know....I hope.

Edited by db99wj