I really want to kill a/an __________________

DRM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't live so far away, I got a place!

Thank you.

I have a great place to go less than a mile from my house. What I do not have is expriance or a properly set up bow. I would like to get an additional bow to use strictly for fish and frogs.

That's what I did. Any "cheap" bow will do fine for fish. When shooting fish, my experience is to "aim low". Due to light refraction and the fact that an arrow will rise when hitting water, usually aiming directly at the fish will result in a miss.

Edited by wd-40
Guest HvyMtl

Coyote.

Yup, they are present in my neighborhood, off Nolensville Rd, South East Nashville. Almost hit one 3 months ago with my car. Last week one was hit and killed. Where there is one, there are others.

I understand I cannot hunt the buggers in any populated area. But, I now open carry to my trash can at night. These critters have got to be controlled.

So, I ask my fellow TN Gun Owners who are hunters, please go after these vermin, as its always open season on them... (Correct me if wrong, as I am going on the Tennessean's article from today's paper...)

Those going boar/pig hunting (FTG-05), I hope you bag and BBQ a couple. Do let us know if they taste different than your grocery store variety... :cool:

Edited by HvyMtl
BigJ I've got a friend that killed a Mtn. Lion a couple years ago up in Maine I think it was. That thing was huge, IIRC it weighed like 268lbs. He's got a picture of he and it. He is holding it up with his arms wrapped around under its front legs, its almost as long as is tall,and the head is just as big as his.

He had it mounted lying down and got it on a shelf like thing on one side of the fireplace looking down on the livingroom. Looks cools as hell.

Belated post, but no way he shot it in Maine.

268lbs possible I guess, but also highly highly doubtful.

Here's the famous big cougar reputed to have been killed all the way from MT to PA, and several places in between.

Guy is 5' 10", and cougar weighed 190 lb.

mountainlion_small.jpg

Skull 15-12/16, whatever that exactly means. Tied for 6th largest.

The largest cougar I can find reference to with weight is a 16, which weighed 218 lbs., 7'9" from nose to tip of tail. It was 4th largest in the world. The largest was still a 16 something skull, but no weight associated with it.

Then again, maybe your friend had a world record and didn't claim it, eh?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest mosinon

yeah, those things were just declared extinct so I guess your pal contributed to the loss of the species. Which is odd because hunters, as a group, are generally all about management that ensures the continuation of the species.

(Not a hunter but I have eaten wild turkey, there is a better than even chance that I would attack and eat one raw)

Is this the pic you are thinking of?

GIswz.jpg

A pic supposedly from Oregon.

But, hey, I'm here for everyone who wants to bag a huge cougar. They generally run up to what, 150 pounds? Childs play I say. If you want a really huge cougar, and don't mind a canned hunt, I bet you can find some three hundred pounders here.

Guest mosinon

yeah, those things were just declared extinct so I guess your pal contributed to the loss of the species. Which is odd because hunters, as a group, are generally all about management that ensures the continuation of the species.

(Not a hunter but I have eaten wild turkey, there is a better than even chance that I would attack and eat one raw)

Is this the pic you are thinking of?

GIswz.jpg

A pic supposedly from Oregon.

But, hey, I'm here for everyone who wants to bag a huge cougar. They generally run up to what, 150 pounds? Childs play I say. If you want a really huge cougar, and don't mind a canned hunt, I bet you can find some three hundred pounders here.

Wild Boar/Feral Hog (sus scrofa ) has much better tasting meat than the grocery store variety ( sus domestica ). They are leaner as well. Only draw back is a large mature boar is kinda rank smelling ( el' skunkio ). And usualy are just used for wall mounts. There will be no season on feral hogs here this year. I can't go into the details yet as to the reason. All I will say is....PIG BOMB IS COMING!!