Errors in "The Walking Dead" television show. What did you notice?

mikadosoft

I Loved the show "The Walking Dead" and can't wait until they start the 2nd season, but I did notice a lot of things that I thought were stupid. I'm sure everyone noticed something. What are some of the things you noticed that would not happen in real life?

I noticed when the lead character (the cop) left the hospital, there was plenty of military hardware laying around and nobody was watching it. I realize that he didn't know what was going on, but, come on... Even if I just came out of a coma, I'd at least fill my pockets with free brass.

In the last episode, they arrive at the health place and there are dead soldiers, military hardware, and vehicles. They walk past it all and go knock on the door. I have to call bull**** on that. I'm gonna upgrade something. My civilian semi-automatic AR15 just became a burst fire M16, Barrett .50 cal or both. I'll worry about how I'm gonna carry it all later. They didn't even top off their mags. COME ON!!!

John

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i liked the way they walked past the hummer 's and other weapons and got into their junk trucks and a camper with a bad radiator hose and drove off.i would have jumped into a hummer or 5 ton truck and left also throwed in the m16's also. after serving 21 years in the military i know that there would have been cases of mre's in the area .i allways kept acouple of cases in my pls.

still a good show and better than watching some chick flick. i would like to see them pick up a m60 or a m16 with a m203 on it and cut loose on them parts would be flying everywhere. i would also fire the tank up and run over them.the military would have made sure they were full of fuel all times like that.

Edited by dou44

Hoorah!!!....I'm ex-military (Army) also. Even if you have no plans on taking the tank. I'd still try to start it up. A M1 Abrams has a jet engine it it. You can roast hotdogs behind an M1. Just start a tank and walk away. The zombies will walk to the noise and get roasted.

In one show they are looking for stuff in a department store in town. Why don't anybody think to go to Walmart, Dicks Sporting, or a gun shop? Pick up a freaking phone book and look up sporting goods. They may be all gone, maybe not. Why don't they get better vehicles? The motorhome has a bad radiator hose. Sounds like a good reason to get a new motorhome. Septic tank full on the motorhome. Sounds like a good reason to get a new motorhome. Blue is not your color... Sounds like a good reason to get a new motorhome. Grab that phone book again and look under "motorhome sales and service..."

John

Edited by mikadosoft
Guest mosinon

Bad news for everyone here. The show is fiction. That means it is pretend, like your buddy when you were two. It is not educational. There are lots of reasons to do X but the biggest is move the story along.

I love that the guy at the start of the first episode said safeties off and some guy ran his thumb by the slide release on a Glock and you hear a click like he actually turned off a safety. When the sheriff first got to Atlanta there was a locked and loaded M60 that he ran past as he was running to the tank. Would have been a good time to set it up on the tank and go to town.

I sure hope the first episode starts with a roof top full of weapons and they decide to clean up the city.

Bad news for everyone here. The show is fiction. That means it is pretend, like your buddy when you were two. It is not educational. There are lots of reasons to do X but the biggest is move the story along.

Have you ever been to Atlanta?

I'm sure we all realize it is fiction, but why do the characters have to be complete morons. One thing we all have agreed on here is that we'd all be scavenging as we go. In the show, one lady feels bad for taking a cheap necklace from the department store to give to her sister. They just gave half their guns and ammo to the Mexicans in the Atlanta rest home and don't bend over to pick up a M16. The characters in the show don't even stop to top off a mag. I'd HAVE TO take the 5 ton army truck at the Center for Disease Control because I'd be walking off with everything that's not nailed down. Oh... take those nail clippers, throw them in my 5 ton truck. They might come in handy someday...

By episode 2, I'd need a trailer.

John

Edited by mikadosoft
I'm sure we all realize it is fiction, but why do the characters have to be complete morons. One thing we all have agreed on here is that we'd all be scavenging as we go. In the show, one lady feels bad for taking a cheap necklace from the department store to give to her sister. They just gave half their guns and ammo to the Mexicans in the Atlanta rest home and don't bend over to pick up a M16. The characters in the show don't even stop to top off a mag. I'd HAVE TO take the 5 ton army truck at the Center for Disease Control because I'd be walking off with everything that's not nailed down. Oh... take those nail clippers, throw them in my 5 ton truck. They might come in handy someday...

By episode 2, I'd need a trailer.

John

I gotta agree. I've always said depending on how fast the virus spread and what happened you could probably still find some good stuff at wal-mart, kroger, target, Dick's, Bass Pro, etc.

I would think if the virus was rapidly spreading and the government said "Come here, you'll be safe" most people would go, so scavenging for alot of things wouldn't start until much later outside of urban environments.

I like the show, but mainly just for the human element as opposed to the "F YEAH ZOMBIE KILLING MACHINE GUN TIME!" lol

Guest rebeldrummer

this show is great...yes they make stupid mistakes in writing the show but still. if they didnt we wouldnt have an excuse to start up this awesome thread!!

mikadasoft you crack me up...."BLUE NOT YOUR COLOR? LOOKS LIKE A GOOD EXCUSE TO GET A NEW MOTORHOME!!" ha ha :up:

but the whole running by ammo, guns, hummers....LEAVING THE TANK THERE!!! come on....seriously...gotta love TV

The ZA would be the time to have anything you wanted. A Corvette would be completely useless during the ZA, but you can bet I'd have one in every color parked out front of my basecamp. I'll justify it by saying they're for "quick getaways." A Barrett .50 is the ultimate gun to me. At $5.00 a bullet, I can't afford to shoot one, let alone own one. But I'd have a whole gun rack full of them (in all the colors of the rainbow) too. Flame thrower, AT-4 missle launcher, 203 gernade launcher, MK 19 gernade launching machine gun (yeah, they exist.. Mk 19 grenade launcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) oh yeah... got one... My basecamp would be somewhere like the Governors Mansion. I wanna take a dump in a gold toilet. Yeah, I realize I'll have to carry water to it in order to flush it, but its not like I'll have a job to get to. Right now I have a pretty wife, in the ZA, I'll have a pretty wife AND a harem of pretty appreciative pack mules too (gotta do my part to repopulate the planet). Wonder if Hugh Hefners toilets are gold?

John

Edited by mikadosoft
Guest RiseMechanical

It is fiction and TV and all of that. But, what says it couldn't have been written as more "real"? I hate to beat an undead horse, but I have to agree with everyone about the RV and weapons. I can't see how it would have been more expensive to give everyone the best weaponry and vehicles that they could have conceivably come across. That has to be an error if there ever was one.

Even if things are not like they would be in real life, It still gives us an opportunity to see what someone thought they were doing right and to think about how we would or at least could do things better. Faker than crap with brains splattering everywhere (Whatever)and it's still better than most shows on TV. I am digging it and can't wait till next season!

Oh... take those nail clippers, throw them in my 5 ton truck. They might come in handy someday...
That is perfect!

I am with you. I wouldn't give a crap...I would have my own everything. You don't like people to borrow your tools,huh?:lol:..:lol: I see. Well look here, take that truckload to replace your hacksaw. What's that, they won't fit in your POS RV??? Maybe it's time for an upgrade, Hoss! :lol:

I'm sure we all realize it is fiction, but why do the characters have to be complete morons. One thing we all have agreed on here is that we'd all be scavenging as we go. In the show, one lady feels bad for taking a cheap necklace from the department store to give to her sister. They just gave half their guns and ammo to the Mexicans in the Atlanta rest home and don't bend over to pick up a M16. The characters in the show don't even stop to top off a mag. I'd HAVE TO take the 5 ton army truck at the Center for Disease Control because I'd be walking off with everything that's not nailed down. Oh... take those nail clippers, throw them in my 5 ton truck. They might come in handy someday... John

It's drama. Melodrama actually.

If everyone in the show acted practically it would make for some boring entertainment. Can't you just imagine how many people sit at home yelling at the TV for all the stupid ways people try to get away from Zombies. :lol:

Edited by Garufa

I dunno maybe the vehicles likes tanks and truck idled away and ran out of gas. I am not sure but I am guessing zombies only over ran military troops when ammo ran out.

Damn can't you just watch a show ands enjoy it for what it is without nitpicking it?

I think the show is great. I am not bad mouthing the show. I'm actually impressed with it. It looks like they have spared no expense. I'm just comparing what real people would do in a situation versus Hollyweird people in situations. Hollyweird, and the tv crowd, are so out of touch with the average person it amazes me. Do people really live like the Kardashians or like Jersey Shore?

Lets put the, "its not real" part to rest... I, and I'm assume most others, do not believe there will ever be zombies. Zombies are a representation of an overrunning force. Lets use liberals like an example, they follow a ideology blindly and without thinking (like stupid walking zombies). Trying to convert others into their ideology (zombies biting people and turning them into zombies). Once bitten, you become a zombie (stupid walking zombies walking around trying to bite people). No matter how much factual information you show a liberal, they still will not convert back to reality (trying to cure a zombie). They walk away in a huff and say YOU'RE STUPID (cure fails). They stay in that stupid liberal mindset until they die (shotgun to the forehead). The show is just an exageration of this.

John

Edited by mikadosoft
Even if things are not like they would be in real life, It still gives us an opportunity to see what someone thought they were doing right and to think about how we would or at least could do things better.

Well put... I completely agree. I watch a lot of movies and television shows to get ideas. Sure Hollyweird is messed up, but you can learn from bad examples just as much as good ones.

John

them show may not be real but i would love to see they use the m60 and watch the body parts fly when therounds tore into them. that is a bad a gun and will tear just about anything up . just wish it would hurry up and come back on.

Love this show too! Agree it's odd they don't scavenge to "marry up" to better weapons + wheels. The director had access to the military props and vehicles since they're in the show....oh well

PS: most of the characters in the show have life expectancies less than the red shirts on star trek!

Guest FiddleDog

I love the comic series, the show deviates pretty wildly from it pretty quickly, but is itself a pretty good show. There are a couple of things that I didn't like about the show, or actually the evolution of the zombie in general. First of...Zombies can't sprint. Nope, not gonny buy it. You can't tell me that an undead decaying moaning shambler is going to be able to Ben Johnson his way toward you once he notices you. Secondly, zombies don't use tools. Sure it's manly rocks to smash windows, but it represents the loss of higher mental capacities. Anything that can't access the mental capacities to recognize basic emotional bonds, access memories, etc will not have the wherewithal to look at an inanimate object and make the judgment of "hey, this thing is structurally more sound than that thing, and so therefore, I'll use it to smash through that thing.." Next thing you know, you'll have shamblers running around with husqvarnas...and that would be an entirely different genre of horror. Along this vein, I also say that zombies can't use ladders.

Maybe I'm a fuddy-duddy, I just like the way that zombies were when I was a kid. Slow, menacing, relentless, and unreasoning...Geez. That and we walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways...and we liked it.

Next thing you know, they'll make vampires that can walk around in the day and sparkle...oh...crap.