CZ 75 P-07 Duty .40 Review

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

I recently picked up a CZ Firearms Magazine at the Franklin Gun Shop, and was reading this review on the CZ 75 P-07 Duty .40 and was rather impressed with it.

I got to handle the 9mm version at Guns & Leather a few weeks ago when I completed my HCP course, and I loved the feel of it, was very ergonomic to my hands and felt very comfortable and pretty set on this as my first handgun. I can get one with 2 mags and night sights for $479 in the .40 + tax.

I have yet to shoot the .40 version (and if anyone has this model in .40 I would like to give it a test try before I decide to purchase one). I'd like to hear thoughts on this handgun if anyone has experience with CZ Firearms or this particular model.

The 9mm review is posted at the bottom of this thread, but I was not as impressed with it as I was the .40 version.

cz1.jpg

cz2.jpg

cz3.jpg

cz4.jpg

cz5.jpg

After reading this review in a magazine I picked up from the Franklin Gun Store and handling the 9mm version up at Guns & Leather the day I took my HCP course in Feb, I've really been intrigued by this handgun, and have decided to make it my first purhcase, albeit in the .40 version. I was not impressed with the review on the 9mm version (posted below)

cz6.jpg

CZ 75 P-07 9mm Review

I was not as impressed with the 9mm review due to the jamming problems and misfires it had.

http://cz-usa.com/assets/product_downloads/2010CZ_OnDuty_LR.pdf

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp

glad to see there's some love for CZ firearms on here. that's good to know and makes me feel a little bit better about my choice :)

My only experienc with CZ products comes from a CZ Rami 2075 last year. I've only run approximately 100 rounds fo assorted 9mm fmj and a few hollow points thru it, Very good little shooter. Quite accurate for a small short-barreled gun. Recoil is quite nice and fits my small/medium hands nicely. My only issue was with one magazine. I got 2 10(?) rouners and one 15/16 hi-cap with it. Couldn't get the hi-cap to feed worth crap. So put it aside and the other two were flawless. Really haven't shot it enough to give it a fair and true wringing out, but i like the little gun a lot, at least enough to keep it for now.

• 4 months later...
Guest justluck

hipower - I really don't want to highjack this thread; but, want to pass on some info. I owned a RAMI 9mm alloy at one time. The hi-cap causes/caused a lot of problems for many people. I had none and here is what I did: changed the mag spring to one that was either 5 or 10% over strength. Most important, I cleaned and used a good dry lube on the inside of the mag. My dry lube was Eezox which is one of the CLPs. With just the dry lube, I'm convinced that the factory mag spring would have worked, but I never tried it. I never had a failure to feed with the Hi-cap mag after that.

Wyatt, I hope you enjoy your P-07.

Edited by justluck
Guest WyattEarp
hipower - I really don't want to highjack this thread; but, want to pass on some info. I owned a RAMI 9mm alloy at one time. The hi-cap causes/caused a lot of problems for many people. I had none and here is what I did: changed the mag spring to one that was either 5 or 10% over strength. Most important, I cleaned and used a good dry lube on the inside of the mag. My dry lube was Eezox which is one of the CLPs. With just the dry lube, I'm convinced that the factory mag spring would have worked, but I never tried it. I never had a failure to feed with the Hi-cap mag after that.

I've noticed a lot of people on the cz forums who have the 9mm version of the CZ 75 P-07 Duty, have nothing but issues. But the .40 version doesn't have the same problems. The 9mm has the 16 round mag, while the .40 has 12 round mags, but needless to say the review of the 9mm showed a multitude of problems with that version. The .40 review was rock solid to the teeth, and that's what influenced my decision to purchase the .40 version. I have yet to fire either the 9mm or the .40 version of this handgun, but at worst if I don't like it, I'll just sell it and get something else.

Wyatt, I hope you enjoy your P-07.

I keep hearing people rave about this gun, so I'm excited, still another month and a half out before I can afford to get it, but I'm looking forward to getting some range practice in with it to see how I really like it.

I'd go test one out but no one seems to have the .40 in stock, all they have is the 9mm, and I don't particularly care for 9mm, let alone the 9mm version of CZ 75 P-07 Duty, due to all the issues it's had.

Guest justluck
I've noticed a lot of people on the cz forums who have the 9mm version of the CZ 75 P-07 Duty, have nothing but issues. But the .40 version doesn't have the same problems.

I have no experience with the P-07. Like you, I've read about the problems with the 9mm version - I used to live on the CZ Forum. Glad to hear that the .40 is getting great reviews. You should be very happy with it. I like the idea of being able to insert either the decocker or the safety.

I want a rami someday. I like cz products, the few I have fired all felt great and shot well. They have been around, making good stuff, for a very long time.

My RAMI 9mm alloy performed very well, and as hipower said, for a short barrel it's quite accurate. Got the real bad wants for a P-01 and sold the RAMI to my son-in-law to fund a new P-01. In the RAMI line, the .40s were the ones causing problems.

• 4 months later...

I was at the range the other day and held the P07 in the 9mm. Nice feel, definelty a nice gun for conceal carry. But I would definetly take it in a .40 over a 9mm

I purchased a CZ40P(they don't make this model any longer) at the gun show on Sunday.

At the range I had a failure to feed after nearly every round. Needless to say I'm less than thrilled with its performance.

I love the gun and it is extremely accurate but I am hoping I can get it running correctly.