Has anyone taken the HCP class at Bass Pro yet?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the class but I called the lady that is supposed to be over it and she was completely rude. Me and my finance will be spending our money somewhere else. Including me I have 5 people taking it. We was each going to donate the 28 dollars for a spot but we will not now. I like the cause, not the attitude of the people running it.

If we can help give us a call, we have been teaching the class longer then anyone in the state, have classes weekly, and give a 10% discount to our students on any future purchase. Oh and were $75 and get the class done in one evening.

We signed up for the Bass Pro class, because no one locally was giving classes until late spring or summer. Bass Pro is a 100 mile drive, but is still one of the closest HCP classes we've located. I know there are other courses, but locating them is another matter. I live way out in nowhere land & it gives my wife and me an excuse to visit the smokies again anyway. We figured the money we saved on the class could go for a fun weekend. (We can go over 350 miles on 10 gallons, so even with the drive it's still way less money.) I see you're in Goodlettsville. That's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way for me, but I appreciate the info. The nearest I've found is Coal Creek Armory, but it's still 75 miles each way, plus $90 per person for the class...do the math. It's actually cheaper for me to drive the extra 30 miles and get both of us our HCP.

ooops... sorry I just now saw where you guys are located. When I chimed in it was from my mobile device, that doesnt give out all that information.

No problem. I didn't mean any offense about your location. I just don't get down that way very often. The last time I was there was to go to a hot rod/trade show at P&E about 10 years ago. That's one thing that suck about living back in the sticks.

My Wife and I took the class at Bass Pro in Sevier Co. and loved it. The range people were very nice also. The only down side is the fact that it is a two day class and as stated gas prices do not help travel, However The class is by donation and the cheapest class i have heard of is $75. Good Luck either way but I do recommend them

Guest Oaklands

My wife and I took the course at Bass Pro about 1 1/2 years ago. The lady was as nice as could be. I'm a member at the gun range they use in Sevierville and they are great people as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I took the HCP class this past weekend at Bass Pro and it was great. I wouldn't hesitate a bit to recommend it. A lot of people were putting the class down because it was being held at Bass Pro (even though NONE of them had taken the class). Be assured, Bass Pro had nothing to do with the course except allowing SFWA to use their conference room. It was very professional and the instructors had a great sense of humor & kept the class interesting.

By the way...my wife and I both scored 100% on the written test and we both shot perfect scores at the range. I qualified using my Beretta Cougar .45 and she borrowed a Walther P22 from the range. I'm very proud of her, especially considering she had never shot that particular pistol before & had never even touched a gun until a year ago! :)

Edited by luvmyberetta