Guns banned at work.

So my question is I work at a big plant. Obviously guns are banned. The parking area is outside the gates on company property and pretty secured. Does anyone else in this situation take their gun with them and leave it in your vehicle then strap it on as you're leaving??

I know there's a slight risk of bringing it on company property to begin with would make me subject to termination but there's no car search's and leaving would be getting in the truck and 5 seconds I'm on the road.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Don't Ask Don't Tell is the policy when it comes to carrying and work.

I second the motion for a secure locking area inside your vehicle. The Glove Box will not do.

Tuffy Security Products makes some great systems for Jeeps and other SUV's. I had one that a thief attempted to break in to in my jeep. I don't know how long he worked at it but a pry bar and time were on his side and he never made it in. It was banged up but it still works.

I work for a small (<15 employees) company and in our Nashville office there are only 4 of us. There is no one in the Nashville office that has the authority to tell me I can't carry. Even if there was someone that had the authority, I don't think they would prohibit me from carrying.

Now going out to a jobsite is a different story. Most of my jobs are at Metro schools or college campus' where I legally can't carry.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing in my employee handbook, policy manual that states a thing about weapons of any type. There for when the budget allows I will get my kel-tec (or similar pocket gun) and it will reside in the back pocket. If I get the weight down a little more then I will start IWB carrying again with the Glock or Beretta. Just need to drop a couple pant sizes so it will be a little more comfortable.

I know, get more pants, but there is that budget thing again and I really don't want to break in to the 40 waist even if it is just to accommodate a weapon.

Guest jackdog

My Son in Michigan works for a company that allows carry and has even set up pistol and rifle ranges on the property. They had a couple of anti types working there who complained. They were told they had numerous choices,Join the Fun live with it or find other employment. As of the first of this year they posted signs at all there locations stating their gun policy.

Guest canynracer
My Son in Michigan works for a company that allows carry and has even set up pistol and rifle ranges on the property. They had a couple of anti types working there who complained. They were told they had numerous choices,Join the Fun live with it or find other employment. As of the first of this year they posted signs at all there locations stating their gun policy.

ummm, again, where do you work, and are they hiring?? LOL

Work for a printshop in Chattanooga.

Hahahaha! The last Sheetfed shop I worked at we had about 150 employees (when I left). Three taught Permit classes, And I personally knew about 30 that had permits. (Just on my shift.) It was "Don't ask, Don't tell" unwritten policy. I've cleaned, sorted and primed brass during our down time there.

When HR put up "No Gun" signs in the plant, it was because of Insurance. Just by putting them up we got a little break on premiums. But the "Don't ask, Don't tell" was still in effect. Heck... the HR guy taught Permit classes too!

Printing is probably one of the heaviest armed businesses in America. :clap: