Failure to Feed in Glock 27 - please help

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

PackinMama... except for the "limp-wristing" part, you probably received good advice from Coal Creek Armory.

Limp-wristing does not cause premature "lock-back."

To those that feel it does, please articulate why. I'd love to hear it...

Edited by Todd@CIS

I disassembled and checked my mags last night without a problem and all looked good. Rabbi, I already have a G23......I wanted the smaller one to carry. I personally don't feel that I was "limpwristing,"......I have been shooting all types of handguns for a long time.....but I have never shot the subcompact Glocks until now. My hands are not small at all, so the more I think about it.........the first time, I believe when it locked back before the last bullet was fed that I could have accidentally hit the slide stop lever with my thumb. The second time, the slide was locked back and I put a mag with only three rounds in, then I pressed the slide lock lever and it didn't feed.....I had to pull the slide back and let go to get it to feed. The guy at Coal Creek said to not do this and to always use the "slingshot" method. I will try using this method today (if it doesn't rain)....and I'm also going to watch my thumb and "lock" it down with my other thumb when I shoot. Hopefully this will solve the problem. But....I do think I will replace those mag followers.....when I looked at them last night.....I noticed that one stuck up in the front just about a millimeter or so higher than the other one. It looks a little funny to me.

Guest m4coyote

I have had functioning problems with the magazine extensions on my Glock 23 as well. I went back to the original floorplates, and all was well from that point on. I have heard very good reviews for the pinky extension for the Glock 27, but only the one that keeps the magazine at stock capacity.

Another possible problem, is that during recoil, you are inadvertently hitting the slid stop with your thumb. I did this when I first started shooting my Glock 23, and the Glock 27 weighs even less, so I would consider this a possibility.

Good Luck!

Hmmmmm......I just placed an order today with LWD for two mags with pearce +1 extensions......damn:( I really like the extra place to put your pinky......do you guys think the pearce extensions without the extra capacity would be ok?

Yes, you should be ok with the pinkie +0. Has worked fine for me on two mags.

Slide locked back prematurely is rarely a magazine issue... not unless the feed-lips are so bent to one side that the cartridges interact with the slide stop.

If the same thing happens when somebody else shoots the gun, then worry about the gun... if not, then it's your thumb pushing up under the slide stop under recoil.

Slide locked back prematurely is rarely a magazine issue... not unless the feed-lips are so bent to one side that the cartridges interact with the slide stop.

If the same thing happens when somebody else shoots the gun, then worry about the gun... if not, then it's your thumb pushing up under the slide stop under recoil.

Looking back and thinking about what happened......I do think that my thumb probably hit the slide stop the first time it happened....since it happened that time on the last round in the magazine. But......the second time I'm not sure about. The slide was locked back, I inserted a mag with three rounds in it, hit the slide stop lever, and the slide didn't move forward/feed. I pulled it back and let go and it fed. I went out yesterday and shot 50 rds. with no problems at all. I was very aware of my thumb placement and I "slingshoted" the slide when I loaded a new mag. I'm hoping that between watching my thumb and "slingshotting" that I won't have any more problems. 50-100 more flawless rounds and this "baby" will be my new carry gun. :)

Thanks Everyone! :(

I also have the glock 26 and have put 408 flawless rounds through it. I was in Houston for a week and found this gun range close to where I was staying. If you can visualize an outdoor range in Texas, that it what it looks like. If I wanted to, I could shoot all day with one gun for $7.00. I have the pearce extensions +1 and didn't have any problems. I will admit that after awhile the trigger became a little uncomfortable, but the little glock performed without a hiccup.

• 2 weeks later...

Well......I shot 100 rounds with no problems. I replaced my Pearce extensions with the Glock factory baseplates and I actually like shooting my 27 without the extensions. My pinky curls up nicely under the mag and it feels good, plus it makes the gun more concealable.

I did notice something on all my spent casings that I'm curious about. On the brass rim of the casings on the primer end, there's a nick or cut on the edge of the rim. Does anyone know if this is normal or should I be concerned?

I actually like shooting my 27 without the extensions.

That's the way I was when I had a G26 and XD-9 subcompact.

The XD came with an extended mag in addition to the standard one. I tried it and stored it away.

I've never quite figured out why someone would by a subcompact and then buy magazine thingies to turn it into a compact.

Yeah, I really didn't think I'd like shooting it that way.....but I was pleasantly surprised when I did. It's much less noticable under my shirt now. I do have two extra mags with +1 extensions that I carry on me for backups.....along with a 13 rd. from my G23 that I keep in my purse :D

So does anyone know about the nicks/cuts in the edge of the brass casing rim? I'd really like to hear from someone on this. I'm no gunsmith by a long shot, but I imagine it's the extractor making these marks......I'd just like to know if it's normal or not.