My liberal sister-in-law is visiting from North Carolina

We've argued about guns for over 2 hours. Overheard in my living room:

"Yeah, but why does anyone NEED a gun?" "I just think that the only reason someone would own a gun is because they have a power trip and like the thought of killing someone."

Tell her don't worry, if she is attacked and raped, you will not violate her principles, by stopping the attack. She can file a complaint from the hospital if she is lucky.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a while, if I wanted to drop the subject and she wanted to bring it back up, I would simply say, "It doesn't matter if you see a need or not. The fact is, I want to own them, I legally can own them and I do own them. You feel that no one needs a gun. Well, as far as need goes, I do not need to explain myself to you nor do we need to continue this line of conversation."

I recall there being an excellent posting or link here at TGO about a yr ago, where a psychiatrist or psychologist provided a psychological profile of people who are extremely anti-gun. I have tried searching for it but have been unsuccessful. As I recall these people are very fearful of life and are controlled by their own fears.

I recall there being an excellent posting or link here at TGO about a yr ago, where a psychiatrist or psychologist provided a psychological profile of people who are extremely anti-gun. I have tried searching for it but have been unsuccessful. As I recall these people are very fearful of life and are controlled by their own fears.

Here you go:

Raging Against Self Defense: A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality, By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rebeldrummer

I have heard this before, and it's pretty plain and simple....with certain exceptions, no one NEEDS a gun....until they need a gun!

I have heard this before, and it's pretty plain and simple....with certain exceptions, no one NEEDS a gun....until they need a gun!

True enough. I get so annoyed that here I almost have a PhD in criminology and she wants to argue with data I show and counter it with her own opinion as if it has any validity. She really lives in her own reality sometimes. She's not insane, just a liberal. She even convinces herself that Obummer isn't inept, but is so brilliant that we can't understand why he makes the decisions he does. Yeah... sure...