Music City Showdown GSSF May 21-22

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oldretiredsarge

Ok gents I have a dumb question. I want to shoot this match also. I have never shot one before. I will be using a Glock 34. What division will I be in? thanks warren

if you are a glock fan you should really try and go to this. i myself am not a big fan but did shoot them for several years. i have done the GSSF matches. the match themself i did not care for to much but some guys love them and in fact follow the GSSF matches all around. if glock still goes what they have done in the past on the first match at a new place there will be lots free goodies for the shooters, stickers, key chains, pencils, etc. and it will be great.

if some of the glock team shows up like Dave S. is very personable. i have not seem him since Julie G. was on the glock team. they signed my blue shooting bag and gladly pose with you for a picture. i am sure none of that has changed. i also think if AKA holy terror (i can only remember her SASS name) shows up it would be great to see the young lady in action. i know watching them TV is nothing like seeing them in action your self.

the way Music City has there bays it should easy for anyone to watch the action.

i also know the club staff has put a lot work into this match. so good luck and i hope any one but hognut wins the glock! :) he has to many anyway. :)

Many thanks to Matt Tipton and Robert Standley for today's work on the range.

So here is what is done on the range:

1. Bay / Safe Area /Road signs are up

2. New bay tables have been delivered

3. Bay 1 is mowed and weed eated

4. Field has been mowed close to NTPS side

5. Area before and after bridge has been mowed

6. Some of the spools have been moved out of the bays

7. Rip rap has been redone on the NTPS culvert(never seen Robert work so hard before. He was sweating.)

8. All of the steel targets(excluding the plate racks) are at my house. They have been washed and painted today.

So here is what will be addressed on Thursday:

1. Bay tables will be painted and moved to appropriate GSSF used bays

2. Rest of spools will be moved to NTPS side

3. MCTS fixing culvert area with bobcat and box blade

4. Common road and MCTS bays will be fixed with bobcat and box blade

5. Cleanup of all bays with organizing bay props

6. Possible mowing on Bay 1 and 2/3 on NTPS side (if not already done)

7. Warm up stage may be setup prior to Glock's arrival(two plate racks / head plates / 28 inch poppers)

So here is what will be done on Friday:

1. Glock reps will be there at 10 AM to begin setup

2. Tater Shack will be there after 2 PM to setup their tables

3. After rules/procedure discussion with GSSF Range Master, all SOs have the option to shoot on that day.

Range opens on Saturday and Sunday at 7 AM. Registration may begin at 8 AM to 9 AM with the last entry ending at 2 PM. All those that register before 2PM, we will be there on the range until you are done. All working Safety officers will need to be at the range by 7:30 AM for any last minute changes or safety/procedure briefings.

i also think if AKA holy terror (i can only remember her SASS name) shows up it would be great to see the young lady in action. i also know the club staff has put a lot work into this match. so good luck and i hope any one but hognut wins the glock! :) he has to many anyway. :P

Holy terror=Randy Rogers

Anyone can win the Glocks because there are prizes for random drawing and some based on performance. Maybe you can borrow one of mine and shoot the match so you can try to win a random Glock and shoot a real gun....LOL. Bought two more G21SF Saturday after working on the range.

A lot of work has been done on the range but we are not finished yet. I am tired.......

Holy terror=Randy Rogers

Anyone can win the Glocks because there are prizes for random drawing and some based on performance. Maybe you can borrow one of mine and shoot the match so you can try to win a random Glock and shoot a real gun....LOL. Bought two more G21SF Saturday after working on the range.

no thanks, i have work anyway, but do hope the glock gods are with you and the club. because i do know the staff has worked very hard.

So here is what will be done on Friday:

1. Glock reps will be there at 10 AM to begin setup

2. Tater Shack will be there after 2 PM to setup their tables

3. After rules/procedure discussion with GSSF Range Master, all SOs have the option to shoot on that day.

Range opens on Saturday and Sunday at 7 AM. Registration may begin at 8 AM to 9 AM with the last entry ending at 2 PM. All those that register before 2PM, we will be there on the range until you are done. All working Safety officers will need to be at the range by 7:30 AM for any last minute changes or safety/procedure briefings.

I just changed employers and can't make it on Friday. Is that gonna be a issue for me helping out Saturday and Sunday? I've read through the GSSF range officer rules/directions several times already. Plus, I'm only shooting one division, anyway.

I just received the official tally of pre-registration for the event. I know there are a lot of Glock owners that want the opportunity to win Glock certificate or money at random. This event is perfect for the accurate shooters.

I just received the official tally of pre-registration for the event. I know there are a lot of Glock owners that want the opportunity to win Glock certificate or money at random. This event is perfect for the accurate shooters.

So I should stay home then? :D

So I should stay home then? :D

If you stay home, I have a better chance in winning a free gun.....LOL. I was surprised by the number of Glock owners in the area vs the pre-registration did not equal up. Glock and I anticipated a huge walk up number.

Registration begins at 9 AM each day. All entries that are registered until the cut off at 3PM on Saturday and 2PM on Sunday will be able to complete their entry that day. It will be fun for any type of shooter. Free money and/or guns doesn't hurt.......

I had a call tonight with a question, other may have this as well.

I've never done anything like this, will I make a fool of myself?

A GSSF match is an absolute perfect match to come out and try competition. These are very basic courses of fire, from low ready with no reloads on the clock. Seriously, anyone can come out and do it!

A GSSF match is an absolute perfect match to come out and try competition. These are very basic courses of fire, from low ready with no reloads on the clock. Seriously, anyone can come out and do it!

The last GSSF match I attended, I seen four competitors in wheel chairs participating. There is no movement to these type of matches and puts everyone on the same level playing field......Same type of weapon, no drawing from the holster, magazine capacity, etc. This match is geared for the people that do not wish to run from station to station and rely on their skill with accuracy to be competitive.

Can we join the GSSF as well as Register for the competition on either Saturday or Sunday ?

Looking at the courses: Are the 3 strings of fire same as 3 rounds ? 4 strings = 4 rounds

What is a the Major Sub ?

JG55-I believe you can register on site for both GSSF and the match. In fact, as a "new member" you are entered in a drawing for either a pistol or cash (I think).

3 strings means you engage the targets 3 times. Non Major Sub is 2 shot to each target plus how ever many to knock down the steel. Round counts are very low though. Total minimum is 81 or so for the whole course of fire.

major Sub is larger caliber (.45) and some of the smaller capacity pistols.