So I finally shot my CZ 52...

:) Yes its that awesome it deserves an "OH YEAH". Seriously for what these costs why doesnt everyone have one??? I think I enjoy shooting it almost as much as my FN. Doesnt kick too bad, makes a pretty loud bang, and is surprisingly accurate. Now I did pay a bit more for mine then most since it wasnt a refurb but considering refurbs go for $160's this really is a no brainer. If it wasnt for the terrible European mag release design I would probably carry this lil baby since the 7.62 can go through a car door. B)
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since mine seems to be in such good shape even though im cheap I couldnt think of putting the surplus corrosive through her. So S & B it is. I bought 500rds on www.bigdogammo.com I ran through 100rds sun and all of it shot nice and clean. I think i might buy rougher one though so I can bang away with some surplus 1200 rds for $150 is a nice idea.

I'm happy with the CZ52. I have shot surplus almost excluslvely. I am even becoming a decent shot with the gun. The corrosive ammo has been no problem, because I make sure that I clean the same day with hot water, windex, and Hoppe 9. Even at 55 years old the gun shoots well. I put a hogue rubber grip and the recoil is not bad-amazing how much that helped.

Not a carry gun. Can shoot the bad guy and two others in the house across the street. It is a wonderful range gun.

Thanks for all the great sites! Very informative all of them. I think I will just stick with my FMJ ammo on the CZ52 since I dont plan on carrying it anyways more of a "plinker/SHTF" kinda gun. The ballistic site helps me validate carrying a FiveSeven even if it wouldnt stop a 300lb man on Crack like a .45 (I dont see myself being anywhere near this type of individual). Anyone know of a good holster for a CZ...i hate leather holsters and sure as heck am not going to use the factory one.

• 2 months later...
Wow your son sounds like hes a pretty good shot. Though mine does seem quite accurate too. What holster does he use?

galati shoulder holster when we were practicing together he sure put the old man down. only thing i can beat him at is beer cans in the air with a 22. got married little over a year ago his wife is gun shy been trying to cure that but havent had any luck so far. saw him put 3 out of 5 in a basket ball at over 900 yards on a windy day with a rifle of course. kind of proud of him

Edited by jughead

My old cz-52 was a great shooter also!

at the 50 yard line I could make a milk chug bottle dance! I was impressed with the pistol since I'd never shot a pistol at that range and had that sort of accuracy; though its bulky it definitely has the punch to put a round out there and the barrel length to put steel on steel!

Guest mikedwood

From what I have been reading about it Jughead that would be correct. I only have access to 25 yard ranges but I have read several people say if you have a good CZ52 a 100 yard shot isn't that hard with one.

I need to work on the sight on mine. I think it's set up differently than my others or maybe needs adjusted, but the groupings I get are incredible for me shooting, just not exactly where I want them. Could be me though it's a tiny sight.