Music City Tactical Shooters - IDPA Match April 2nd, 2011

Music City Tactical Shooters will be hosting a 7 Stage IDPA Match this Saturday. Matt Tipton will be the Match Director for this event. The courses of fire are challenging! We will need all of the help possible for setup. Setup starts at 7 AM. We hope to see you there for a GREAT match!!!!!

NEXT MATCH: IDPA - April 02, 2011

79 Rounds Minimum Pistol

Click Here for Stage descriptions

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to change the subject, but what happened to the shotgun only match scheduled for april 16? I have been nagging my brother in law for a month to go with me to it. Just wondering.

Actually he is my step- brother in law, but still.

The initial thought/reaction (which I love shotgun and did not want to see it be moved) was that shotgun match would only yield about half of the participants that the RUN & GUN match would bring. As we are preparing for significiant work on the range and with our upcoming sanctioned matches....GSSF and Music City Cup, MCTS needs to bring as many people out to offset the cost of the new material needing to be purchased for the best matches in the area to continue, range work(including but not limited to bay flooring to eliminate the muddy bays and parking area), and operating expenses.

The schedule is still being tweaked based on maximum participation and the shotgun match will be available soon. The shotgun match will be probably be coming up as an extended side match.

Count me as one of those the loves what the greedy bastards are doing. I don't resent a penny of what they charge me to shoot there.

Will that comment get me a few PD's forgiven and/or seconds off my next score?

Count me as one of those the loves what the greedy bastards are doing. I don't resent a penny of what they charge me to shoot there.

Well me too! I had just been looking forward to that shotgun shoot since the three gun, so I had to get a little complaining out of my system. All better now!!

So it is all about the benjamins with you greedy bastards.

Interesting comment above. Don't know how to take this comment if I did not know you better(which I don't) as insulting.

As ALL shooting organizations are a business which has to have a stable profitable income for targets, pasters, sticks, staples, paint, timers, clays, steel, port-johns, renters fee, etc.......they are also do it for the love of the sport. Executive committee members at MCTS are volunteers, whom work at night and heavily on the weekends for everyone to have a good time at the range(MEMBERS and non-members). We have the receipts from expenses that we personally do for the club that is not reimbursed to prove that we do it for the love.

As we try to put on more than just pistol matches, we must have to consider all types of matches that is in the best interest of the club. The shotgun match will be moved to another weekend as a side match. As always, our side matches are FREE to all those that refrain from unnecessary complaining.

Side note: Instead of complaining about something, you could submit your application for membership approval to MCTS help make changes when next year's elections come around OR show up for more than 2 matches this year..............

Edited by HOGNUT

Side note: Instead of complaining about something, you could submit your application for membership approval to MCTS help make changes when next year's elections come around OR show up for more than 2 matches this year..............

Mehh, I would rather just complain and insult people through the anonimity of the internet.

Seriously, the best way to tell when I am talking crap is when my lips are moving.

Of course I understand you all have to make decisions like this. When I win the lottery I can sponsor all the shotgun matches I want, Correct??

The shotgun match will be moved to another weekend as a side match. As always, our side matches are FREE to all those that refrain from unnecessary complaining.

That's funny. Any "necessary" complaining can be done at the complaints booth;). The run-n-gun was a blast, and I am excited about another so soon.

I'll be there early with Sarah to set-up. We are both going to shoot this one. We were looking over the course and laughing at the names.

Alright, I meant my "greedy bastards" comment as a very sarcastic joke. I do apoligize if anybody took it seriously. I meant no offense. I know many people put alot of time and effort and money into every event you all have. I do look forward to making it out more often. Please don't put me on the jerk list.

You are more than welcome to come watch but bring eye and ear protection, however please bring all your shooting gear "just in case". We talk most people into shooting the match, we perform a special safety brief for new shooters so you know how things work.