Walther PPS

Guest Ph34rful

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look interesting... the first real single-stack, concealment-oriented take on the modular frame concept... I'll start looking into price points and availability dates...

DanO

Update: Pricing looks initially to be around the $600 mark, pretty much the same ballpark as the Glock-XD-M&P crowd. This could be a real winner... less than an inch wide with "real bullets"... I'll see if I can get a timeframe for availability.

Looks like Walther's answer to an improved Glock. It does have some nice features, like the adjustable backstrap that de-cocks the piece if removed.

While the firing system is different, it draws comparison to the Kel-Tec PF-9. The PPS is a bit longer and quite a bit heavier but the other dimensions are pretty close.

I'll be interested in seeing an operating manual for the PPS. But it looks like a Glock clone with additional features. Hope they didn't copy that chamber design.

Walther claims it's based on their P99, but the takedown controls and trigger look a lot more like a Glock than a P99 or PPK. But it is less ugly.... :angel:

Guest Ph34rful
Looks like Walther's answer to an improved Glock. It does have some nice features, like the adjustable backstrap that de-cocks the piece if removed.

While the firing system is different, it draws comparison to the Kel-Tec PF-9. The PPS is a bit longer and quite a bit heavier but the other dimensions are pretty close.

I'll be interested in seeing an operating manual for the PPS. But it looks like a Glock clone with additional features. Hope they didn't copy that chamber design.

Walther claims it's based on their P99, but the takedown controls and trigger look a lot more like a Glock than a P99 or PPK. But it is less ugly.... :up:

Indeed, very comparable size wise to the PF-9. I was looking for something that could be easily concealed, 100% reliable, reasonable priced, and no less than 9mm. So I'm hoping this will fit the bill.

• 2 months later...
Guest triggertime

I've fondled one. Trigger pull & trigger reset was *gasp* Glock-like. It's very thin for a single stack 9mm. I bet it stings the hand, though...because its so thin. I want to shoot one and find out.

I compared the PPS in size weight to my Kahrs. The Kahrs are thinner, but the PPS is lighter by about 4oz.

G&A has an article on the PPS this month. I wouldn't mind one for my wife, she has a difficult time racking the slide on my Kahrs. I would have to see if the PPS racks easier than my K9.

I was looking at the PPS in a magazine a few days ago. The one thing that stood out in my mind was that the mag release looks like something that will get broken fairly easy unless it's built more ruggedly than it appears.

I have the same concern. If the release mechanism were metal it would be cool. Plastic, not so sure.

• 1 month later...
Guest packnheat

Check out a detailed photo slide show here:

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=85901751

Took it out to the range this weekend. Shot about 250 rounds of cheap Winchester 9mm ammo and about 20 Winchester Ranger +P+. I couldn't be happier with the way it shot. I was expecting alot more recoil after shooting a Khar PM9, but this new Walther handled really well. Double taps were easy. Great trigger pull and reset. Good sights. Feels good in the hand. I shot it with the standard backstrap, and my friend who has really large hands put the larger backstrap on and loved it. Conceals well too- not as good as my j-frame, but for a semi auto with 6+1 rounds its great. Everyone that sees it really likes the looks and the thinness. I'm glad I got it.

The gun's specs are on Walther's site:

http://www.waltheramerica.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=13152&storeId=10002&categoryId=44304&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=43326&top_category=43326&training=

I was up in Knoxville this week and the S&W Reps had one. I really liked the feel of that gun. Alas, there is not one to be found between Chattanooga and Knoxville. And, no he would not sell me his sample.

• 1 month later...

If it weren't for a certain British agent the PPK would long have been retired. It is too heavy for a .380 and I wont mention how many people have had issues with it. The SIG P230 is what the PPK wanted to be when it grew up.

The PPS is everything the PPK isn't: polymer, light, 9mm, no safety, slim. It is what the market is demanding now.

I can't wait until Ruger fields a pocket gun. Customer in my store today told me his instructor for CCW class (to remain nameless but you all know who I mean) sold him on a Ruger SP101 as a pocket gun. It isn't.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen/held/shot the new Walther PPS ?

http://www.waltheramerica.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=13152&storeId=10002&productId=60492&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=44304&isFirearm=Y

If so what did you think of it.

I'm not afraid to say I like Glock Kool Aid:koolaid: But I may have to consider one of these since Glock can't seem to make a Single Stack 9mm.

PS

Hey Joe, since Wather and S&W are some how related will you be able to get good prices on these?