Walther PPS

Guest Ph34rful

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one on Saturday at Gunslingers in Kingsport, TN. They had it tagged for $561.99, I believe. It was a neat little pistol, the first one I've had a chance to see in person. I was really suprised at how slim it was. I spoke to Greg at Gunslingers and he said this is the second PPS they've had and the first sold days after the shop recieved it. I'm intested in getting one particularly for my wife but that depends on her and her preference.

• 1 month later...
Guest cdsusong

Has anyone got their hands on the new Walther PPS 9 or 40 yet? If so, let me know how it is. Also I see from the Walther web site, the price is $625? Is that correct? Thanks and hope to hear some feed back.

Guest m4coyote

I have always loved the quality of Walther products, and the PPS is no exception. It is a very solid pistol, and is built very nicely, but I felt that the Guns & Ammo review of it was misleading.

The Guns & Ammo review stated that Walther had the pocket pistol market locked up with the PPS. The article went on to talk about how thin and tiny the PPS was, and how there was no competition for it in the pocket pistol market.

This article made me very anxious to see the PPS, because I was looking for a replacement for my Kel-Tec P3AT at the time. I finally had the opportunity to examine the PPS, and I was quite disappointed with the overall size of the weapon. The Guns & Ammo review led me to believe that this was a true pocket pistol, but this is somewhat stretching the truth. It might be a pocket pistol if you are the size of Paul Bunyan or Sasquatch, but it is certainly not optimal for a normal sized human pants pocket.

My search for a truly pocket worthy 9mm pistol ended with the Kahr PM9, and I have been happy ever since. My little PM9 is notably lighter, shorter, thinner than the PPS and has the same magazine capacity. I feel that the PM9 is the largest gun one could truly call a pocket pistol, and the PPS is definitely outside that boundary.

I am not throwing off on the PPS by any means, it is a fine pistol, but it is not pocket sized. Check out the Guns & Ammo review on the Walther USA web site, and see if you agree with me that when it comes to overall size and weight, the article is somewhat less than factual.

Guest cdsusong

I have a Kahr CW9 currently as a CCW. Do you think the Walther would be a better fit or should I stick with the Kahr? The Walther would have to really impress me to change. Would the Walther be basically the same gun? I have a Walther P22 that I really like as well, that is what originally got me interested in the PPS. Is it worth dipping into the squirrel funds?:)

Guest m4coyote

If I were comparing the Walther PPS to the CW9, then I would have to give the edge to the PPS. This is just a personal opinion, but I just like the Glock like trigger on the Walther better than I do the Kahr guns.

If you really like the long double action pull on the Kahr, then it is really a wash between the two.