911! 911! Man With Gun... Uh... Umbrella - PANIC PANIC PANIC

Guest monkeyhumper

Guest monkeyhumper

BURLINGTON, Mass., April 19 (UPI) -- A young man innocently walking with an umbrella mistaken for a rifle triggered the evacuation of a shopping mall in Burlington, Mass., Tuesday, police said.

Read more: Umbrella, not gun, caused mall evacuation - UPI.com

If only we had laws against cylindrical, gun shaped, vaguely weapon-like objects in backpacks.

Perhaps a logo of a rectangle with a red NO symbol over it?

This will certainly stop the terror.

:screwy:

:)

:poop:

:chill:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the video, they guy that they suspect is only the only they suspect because he called in and said it might have been me.

When I watched the video, since he had left the mall and went to work like normal, sounds like he went to work unaware that the mall had been Evacuated. So the event may have happened after he left. So what I am saying is, it may not have been his umbrella at all since police did not apparently make it to the scene while he was there.

Yet, he is going to return his 27 dollar umbrella. I think he wanted some media attention.

And BTW, assume it was 100 percent real, I would ask for copies of all the video I could, including mall video if I could get it to prove I was their since the police have already said no charges and closed their investigation.

I would ebay that umbrella with all the video I could get for provenance.

Edited by vontar
Guest mikedwood

I don't get it?

The umbrella looks like a sword! 5 people called to say that they saw a gun in a backpack and no one said they saw a sword of which that umbrella handle looks exactly like a Japanese type sword hilt.

That's nothing. We got some new tenants on a different floor of our office building a few years ago. One of my bed-wetting co-workers called the cops reporting a man with a rifle case going into the building.

Our new neighbors are general contractors. That was a blue print tube....:)