Glock 26 with Cominolli Thumb Safety

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not ran them hard yet. I personally don't plan on installing any of the safeties on my other Glocks. I figured one on my range gun and one on one of two my shorties. From what I gathered online is that they work that is why I tried them out. Kind of a steeply priced experiment, but seeing as I have done just about every other mod, both externally and internally, that you can do to a Glock I figured I should see what the deal is on these. Now I have to handfit a Ghost Rocket connector on my 17L - that will be about the last of the gadgets I haven't tried that have been on the market for some time which gets pretty good reviews.

I do not understand the fascination with taking a gun that works and putting in aftermarket parts that are not even part of the original design. Do people open up watches and stick in extra gears and springs? I want a flipper on a glock like I want a wart on my cock.

Dude, it's your property. Do with it what you wish. I personally wouldn't cut into the frame of any of my handguns, but I understand the need to experiment. My only hope is that you aren't out trying to convince Glock owners that their weapons are unsafe if they don't add this.

I bought a M&P9c with an external safety from Bud's a couple of years ago (at a killer price) and had a gunsmith remove the safety and install frame plugs. I just don't believe the safeties are needed on DAO carry weapons.

Edited by DaddyO

The naysayer or doomsayer comments are pretty interesting. It ain't like I don't have other Glocks, 1911 or other JMB designs. Just checking out aftermarket parts. No one got excited when I took out the GI grip safety on my Norinco 1911 and replaced it with a beavertail.

I'll give range reports on how these things hold up over time. If they fail or don't work I'll simply take them out and live with a small slot in the frame - it ain't like I haven't already compromised the "genius" frames of more than several dozen Glocks doing grip reductions.

Guest TnValleyBulletman

it isn't anything I want but it is your business what you do to your own guns. I am a bit curious about what would be involved in taking one off and filling in the hole. Just thinking ahead in case someone wants to trade me one.

The naysayer or doomsayer comments are pretty interesting. It ain't like I don't have other Glocks, 1911 or other JMB designs. Just checking out aftermarket parts. No one got excited when I took out the GI grip safety on my Norinco 1911 and replaced it with a beavertail.

I'll give range reports on how these things hold up over time. If they fail or don't work I'll simply take them out and live with a small slot in the frame - it ain't like I haven't already compromised the "genius" frames of more than several dozen Glocks doing grip reductions.

I know you're a Glock guy. I don't get the need for a safety either, but as long as you did it, what's your opinion of the mod? Good parts, nice feel?

Now that I have installed Cominolli Thumb safeties on 2 of my 6 Glocks I won't put another on one of mine. It works, has positive engagement either way - so far, but the additional pieces inside my Glocks don't instill me with the same feeling as with the standard small number and make up of stock Glock innards. The parts are a little "fiddley", sort of like the sear/disconnector/hammer & pins lashup or the link/pin and slide stop in a 1911 - just a little "fiddley." Probably last my lifetime, but stock Glock gives me reliability confidence by experience.

I don't mind the device on my red range Glock, as I intend to take the trigger as low as practical. On one of my 2 G26's it is OK, as I carry a BUG and if someone snatches it in public the safety may bamboozle them for a second or two. I have a number of other "cocked" and locked pistols that I carry at times and don't find the addition of a thumb safety in the "right" place moving in the "right" direction disconcerting.

My verdict - save your money. Just another aftermarket gizmo that I have tried on any number of hand or long guns that works - but not so much for me. What I really want is a big TFO front sight in red.

I do know of a case where some bunched up material in a soft IWB holster helped cause a Glock to fire a round through 22" of a fella's leg - lesson learned for him and me - use a "hard" holster with a Glock. That was a catalyst for me to try out the safety seeing as I could find no other sensible first hand comments on the use of those safeties.