buying beer while carrying

Is there really a debate to be had there? I dont drink either, & DEFINITELY wouldnt drink while carrying. I dont drink anything before driving either. If I get pulled over I dont want there to be any inkling whatsoever that I might be in any way intoxicated. If I had my way the cops would be able to throw you in jail if your breath SMELLED of alcohol & you get pulled over. Alcohol & cars (& guns) dont mix at all as far as I'm concerned. Forget this 0.08 BAC crap. I guess I'm just a teetotaler tho, what are ya gonna do? ;)

I'll just say I'm glad you don't have your way......

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest midnitelamp

I don't think I know of anyone under 60 who died that was not somehow alcohol related.

You drunks can get as resentful as you want,but you will eventually regret consuming alcohol.

I don't think I know of anyone under 60 who died that was not somehow alcohol related.

You drunks can get as resentful as you want,but you will eventually regret consuming alcohol.

Sounds like you need to get to know more people......

Also I don't think everyone that consumes alcohol is a drunk..... But hey...what do I know?

Sounds like you need to get to know more people......

Also I don't think everyone that consumes alcohol is a drunk..... But hey...what do I know?

+1 There are many fine people who consume alcohol who don't cause problems or drive and endanger the lives of others. It's those who don't have respect for people around them, and who can't control their drinking, that are the problem. Like Fallguy said..... just because you drink alcohol doesnt mean you're a drunk.

Do you actually think it's appropriate to call anyone who consumes alcohol in any amount a "drunk" or do you just strive to insult people for entertainment value? Thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my time with your totally mindless input

1. You need to get out from behind that computer and meet real people (mom doesn't count).

2. When I moved from WI to TN, I thought, "How did this State get such goofy beer/liquor laws?"

Now I know...

Edited by TN-popo
Guest ArmaDeFuego

I dont think anyone who drinks is a drunk, & I dont think drinking in itself is "wrong." If someone wants to drink a couple beers every now & then I got no problem with that. (My wife drinks every now & then.)

But I dont think anyone should drink anything & then get behind the wheel of a car or carry a gun. Thats what cabs & DDs are for. I'm the DD anytime we go out hehehe :(

I dont drink at all while driving or handling guns. I might drink a six pack at the most and at home. I just started this post because I was wondering if it was ok to tote my 6 pack home while carring.

Sure it is, I do quite alot. Like someone said early I have even done it with the po-po standing right behind me.

Once I stopped at Wally world and picked up a twelve pack and a brick of .22's. One of the other customers made a joke about the alcohol and ammo. We laughed and I went about my business.

Guest midnitelamp

If the nerve is struck so deep maybe you seriously need to seek professional help.

Here is another idea: don't drink and you won't be confused for a drunk. But you can't stop can you?

Edited by midnitelamp
...don't drink and you won't be confused for a drunk. But you can't stop can you?

Nope. I'm from Milwaukee, it's not allowed.

Besides, I figure if Jesus could drink wine, so can I. :)

Fallguy was wrong in post #33...he didn't start anything, you did in post #28.

Stop being an asshat.

Edited by TN-popo
Guest kickstand
Heaven forbid someone be faced with the situation of HAVING TO pull your weapon and being under the influence, whether there were ANY limits or not. That would definitely be argued and probably used against the HCP holder, and looked down upon. One reason why I don't drink. And a good reason no one should even take a sip or be under the influence, no matter how little. Just my 2 cents, which Im sure there will be debate.

TCA says being under the influence is not an excuse for criminal behavior, as in, you cannot use the "I didn't know what I was doing" argument. However, like you said, I don't think that would necessarily end up being a two-way street. Even in defense of the home I would worry about being painted as an overzealous gun toting drunk. Kinda OT, but oh well.

BOOO!! Gun control.... Hooray Beer!!

REALLY? You're serious!? Auto accidents, cancer, Military service....either you are not old enough to be using the computer, or simply don't get out much.

Guest midnitelamp

Boy,like Wisconcin is a place to be emulated.

No doubt telling a judge that your innocent because Jesus drank wine probably won't go far.

The Tennessean is full of alcohol ads,the former editor writes a wine column for all the high living effetes around here,always sponsoring a wine tasting for get this lung cancer.[why not have a cigar smoke in for liver disease?]

The alcohol industry is who is/was behind no guns in bars . Why do some of you so wholeheartedly support your enemies?

To those of you who suggest I meet some real people,it dawned on me that you don't know anyone who does'nt drink,do you?

If the nerve is struck so deep maybe you seriously need to seek professional help.

Here is another idea: don't drink and you won't be confused for a drunk. But you can't stop can you?

Well, so much for me trying to stop it........

The orginal question was answered so before this gets any more off-topic and out of control it will be closed.