TN HCP price increase

Guest Boomhower

Yep, thats right, thats what they told me. But if fingerprinting has always been included in the 115, they should have found a way to continue paying whoever handles the fingerprinting or a way to transfer without a bunch of crap to have to find out about.

Regardless of when you go, you will have to go to another location besides the Dept of Safety office you go to to be fingerprinted.

From what I can gather thing is, if you apply on or before 7-31-11 you need to go to where ever they tell you to go to get fingerprinted on or before 7-31-11. If you apply on or after 8-1-11 there shouldn't be any problem or rush.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest possumbarnes
That is ridiculous!! It seems we already have one of the highest costs for the permit around and now they are going to add $48. Because of vacation and work obligations, I have had to wait till the middle of August before I can take the class. Very frustrating.:popcorn:

Being new to TN, I think most people that live here forget that you don't have to pay a state income tax out of your paycheck. The state has to get money some how. If they don't raise this price for something or that price for another thing, then the next thing you know, you'll be losing $20 or $30 out of every paycheck. No thanks!

Now, I'm not happy about the price increase because my wife still has to take the class and everything so we'll be paying more for her HCP, but having lived in AL and seeing $40 of my paycheck go to the state each week, I'll take this price increase over state tax any day. I've been here almost 6 months now, and I'm still trying to figure out how TN gets by and has less debt than AL with no state income tax. About the only thing I've seen that is considerably more expensive IS the fee for a permit. AL was $20 per year (have to renew each year, but no fingerprinting). Sales tax is about the same (AL = 8-10%, TN = 9.75% where I live). Property tax is a small amount higher. Registering your car is roughly the same. Gas......same. Price of groceries......same.

We can complain about the increase..........heck, we can complain about having to pay anything at all for our right to defend ourselves, but it ain't gonna do no good. I still say we have it pretty good in TN with no state income tax. Just my .02

Being new to TN, I think most people that live here forget that you don't have to pay a state income tax out of your paycheck. The state has to get money some how. If they don't raise this price for something or that price for another thing, then the next thing you know, you'll be losing $20 or $30 out of every paycheck. No thanks!

Now, I'm not happy about the price increase because my wife still has to take the class and everything so we'll be paying more for her HCP, but having lived in AL and seeing $40 of my paycheck go to the state each week, I'll take this price increase over state tax any day. I've been here almost 6 months now, and I'm still trying to figure out how TN gets by and has less debt than AL with no state income tax. About the only thing I've seen that is considerably more expensive IS the fee for a permit. AL was $20 per year (have to renew each year, but no fingerprinting). Sales tax is about the same (AL = 8-10%, TN = 9.75% where I live). Property tax is a small amount higher. Registering your car is roughly the same. Gas......same. Price of groceries......same.

We can complain about the increase..........heck, we can complain about having to pay anything at all for our right to defend ourselves, but it ain't gonna do no good. I still say we have it pretty good in TN with no state income tax. Just my .02

I see what you are saying. I have lived in TN my whole life so I guess I don't know how good we have it. :popcorn:

Yep, thats right, thats what they told me. But if fingerprinting has always been included in the 115, they should have found a way to continue paying whoever handles the fingerprinting or a way to transfer without a bunch of crap to have to find out about.

I agree, should have been an easier way to do the switch.

What increase?

Guest bkelm18

There. Is. No. Price. Increase..... Echo? :)

My wife just finished at the DMV. They gave her an information sheet that says she will have to pay an additional $48 if she doesn't get fingerprinted before 7/30/2011. It is probably part of the vendor change but anyone starting the process now needs to complete it before July 30th. Dolomite

My wife just finished at the DMV. They gave her an information sheet that says she will have to pay an additional $48 if she doesn't get fingerprinted before 7/30/2011. It is probably part of the vendor change but anyone starting the process now needs to complete it before July 30th. Dolomite

Sucks to hear, as my girlfriend is getting hers once we get back from the beach.

Begs the question, what about all the folks who get permit on the last couple days of month?

CCA here runs Sat classes, for example, that's on the 31st, and no way those folks are getting to the DMV/printed that day. I guess they're just gonna have to pay the extra, eh?

- OS

• Moderators
Begs the question, what about all the folks who get permit on the last couple days of month?

CCA here runs Sat classes, for example, that's on the 31st, and no way those folks are getting to the DMV/printed that day. I guess they're just gonna have to pay the extra, eh?

- OS

No, they won't be affected. Where the paying extra comes in is if you submit your application and pay the state the $115 July 31 or before, then delay and get your prints on or after Aug 1. When you took your class has no bearing as that was completed prior to submitting the HCP application.
No, they won't be affected. Where the paying extra comes in is if you submit your application and pay the state the $115 July 31 or before, then delay and get your prints on or after Aug 1. When you took your class has no bearing as that was completed prior to submitting the HCP application.

Ah, now I finally fully understand, duh. Thanks for that.

- OS