March Mid-TN Eat & Shoot - 3pm @ Jason's Deli in Murfreesboro

Sunday the 9th it is, now where to eat?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Sunday the 9th it is, now where to eat?

• 3pm at Famous Dave's, then on to On-Target
    • 3pm at Red Robin, then on to On-Target
    • 3pm at Pei-Wei, then on to On-Target
    • 3pm at Jason's Deli, then on to On-Target
    • Any of the above (a majority here means that I get to pick :D)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was suggested a number of times in the earlier thread... I've never been there. I think my wife has though. It's obviously some type of asian cuisine, but I don't know if it's like a sushi bar or what.

Hmmmm...well I said anywhere...but maybe I meant anywhere but Pei-Wei's...lol

There's a 51% chance I can make this one. I voted for Jason's Deli. Hope I can see youse guys this weekend! Oh, and unless I can find some time to sit at the reloading bench in the next couple days (not likey, the way things are going) I may not have much to shoot, but I can always hang out and enjoy the company!

Hey, this is Rabbi's chance to make a meeting!! Somebody bug him!! (I think I've bothered him enough lately, so I'm not gunna do it!)

Guest Jason F.

Pei Wei is the scaled down version of P.F. Chang's. It is owned by the same corporate entity. Rice bowls, noodle bowls, Terryaki style stuff, Pad Thai, and other Asian and Thai influenced stuff like curry dishes. No Sushi or anything like that.

It is really laid back. Order and pay at the counter and sit down. They deliver the food to your table but you do not have a server. There are often folks that wander around and might refill a drink for you but you do not have to place your order with them and wait for a check from them. I think everything is in the $6.00 to $10.00 or so dollar range. I put my vote in for this but I like Jason's Deli just as well.

They do serve bottled beer if I recall correctly so it is a "gun free zone".

• Administrator

Hmmm... the 9th is actually very bad for us. I was hoping for the 15th. :koolaid:

We may still stop by the restaurant to say hello or something. Just depends on what time we get done with our other appointments that morning.

Guest EasilyObsessed
Are there any limits on what you can shoot at OnTarget on Sunday.

So monolonlabetn what's for lunch? :popcorn:

No rifles or shotguns on Sundays.

Guest EasilyObsessed
that stinks but most ranges don't allow rifiles at all so kinda hard to complain

Could always just slap a 22lr kit on an AR15 :popcorn:

I realize Hobson Pike has more rules but it sure is fun to shoot outside and farther than 25 yards. I am a annual member and they generally leave me alone. Some of the RSO's are overzealous with people they don't recognize but they mean well. Besides after about 30 minutes at OnTarget I start to get headaches from the GSR in the air.

Guest clutepc

Someone here just needs to buy some land where we can all get together and shoot, somewhere around Nashville or Murfreesboro

Save on range fees and then you could shoot anything.

You could actually pay the land owner if he wanted for the time on his property.

Might also add an option of a cook out at the range before shooting..

I'm looking for land it's just going to be a while before I find what I want..

It is true that On-Target doesn't allow rifles or shotguns on Sundays... This is a downside. However, because of the majority response for the Sunday dates in the previous thread, and the holidays in the middle of the month, this was the best option. I hope that some folks who don't normally make it to the Saturday meets will be able to come.

I may or may not be able to stay and shoot for very long, but I will certainly be at dinner.

Edited by molonlabetn
Guest clutepc

Sunday works for me, I think my wife is actually coming along with a new member who works for us.

My wife probably won't shoot but she mentioned coming to the dinner.

Anyone else bringing their wives or girlfriends?

Jason's Deli has the most specific votes, so that sounds good to me. 3pm. My wife will be coming with me... We may not come to the range, since we're hoping to be able to visit a friend of ours who has just been released from the hospital that evening. It'll be good to meet everybody though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=Jason's+Deli&near=Murfreesboro,+TN&ie=UTF8&z=10&iwloc=A

Edited by molonlabetn
Jason's Deli has the most specific votes, so that sounds good to me. 3pm. My wife will be coming with me... We may not come to the range, since we're hoping to be able to visit a friend of ours who has just been released from the hospital that evening. It'll be good to meet everybody though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=Jason's+Deli&near=Murfreesboro,+TN&ie=UTF8&z=10&iwloc=A

See ya there...I'll be the guy sort of looking around like he's lost since this is the first one I will make it to....lol