It all ends starting today.

mav

Some people don't have time or desire to read a half dozen 700+ page books on wizards and magic. I'm one of them, but I enjoy the films.
And I respect that. What I don't respect are the folks that go all apediddly about this being the best thing ever, and they don't read the books.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
I haven't read any of the books. My wife owns them all. I haven't watched any of the movies. My wife will be going to see it alone.

The thing that frustrates me with the whole Harry Potter phenomenon is that so many folks have forgotten that they were based on books. More people have watched the movie than have read the books. The series ended four years ago when the book came out. I understand being a fan and wanting to see it on the big screen, but it just bothers me that no one reads or uses their imagination anymore.

Alright. Rant is over.

I haven't read Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings, but I've read quite a few books that were made into movies.

I've read all of Tom Clancy's books (Hollywood severely butchered Sum of All Fears, which irritated me to no end)

all of John Grisham's books (which the movies closely follow)

and a bunch of others I can't think off the top of my head,

but definitely agree, you get more of the story reading the book, and you get to visualize it how you see it. :)

however, being in college limits my creative reading time :poop: I haven't picked up a good novel in years thanks to essays, research papers, and ungodly amounts of textbook reading. :rolleyes:

For me Harry and Lord of the Rings are right up there with Magic the Gathering, D&D, Star Wars, Star Trek, Twilight, Battlestar Gallactica and I could continue but that would mean actually having to think back about it, lol.

Nothing wrong with it if that's "your thing". I can relate in the fact that some people don't understand why I want more than one gun and I can't understand why they would think 1 is enough, :rolleyes:

BUT, when your a 38 year old bagger at the BIG LOTS, you're wearing a I heart Edward T shirt and your lifes ambition is to finally master Klingon please do not attempt to engage me in an adult conversation about ANYTHING, lmao. And please O PLEASE DO NOT attempt to make me a believer on how this stuff could one day REALLY happen.

I mean I love me some movies and my list of favorites are endless but I feel like some so called adults take it a step too far. Apparently they weren't breast fed or their oxygen supply was cut off during the fetus stage.

BUT, when your a 38 year old bagger at the BIG LOTS, you're wearing a I heart Edward T shirt and your lifes ambition is to finally master Klingon please do not attempt to engage me in an adult conversation about ANYTHING, lmao.
:poop:

Yeah, when the "real kids" dress up it's cute--not when it's the adults....creeeeeeppppyyyyy.:rolleyes:

Since I couldn't make it to the movies this weekend, I watched a streamed Telesync copy last night. The movie is pretty good, but still falls way short of the book. Regardless, I will more than likely go see it at the theaters next weekend. It might be a little less crowded.

Has anyone seen it in 3D? If so, was it worth it?