Looking for NFA dealer here in TN

What I am looking for is a class III dealer here in TN that has NFA guns on hand. I know there are "dealers" that can get any kind of class III gun out there. I feel that if I am going to spend some serious money on 3 full autos I think it would be in my best interest to be able to put my hands on what I am going to buy. That way there isn't any "issues" and I know exactly what I am going to get. Tell me I'm wrong but I feel I need to find my guns out of state, due to the lack of what is on hand and find somebody(I can trust) to do the transfer for me. So, short story long, where is everybody in TN getting there hands on NFA stuff?

Thanks in advance.

T

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Going to buy 3 of them do you need a new son?

Sure do..But before we start the adoption paperwork I need 3 forms of government ID, last 5 years W-2's, your current portfolio and last but not least 3 references(not to include family). :popcorn::D

Guest Boomhower
Sure do..But before we start the adoption paperwork I need 3 forms of government ID, last 5 years W-2's, your current portfolio and last but not least 3 references(not to include family). :D:D

Gimmie 6 hrs. :popcorn:

Mike's in Jackson Tennessee is a great guy. He has lots and lots of class three stuff on hand. However, he doesn't like to sell the transferable MG's because the value keeping rising. Mark Scott in Chatanooga usually has one or too in stock. S&R guns in Cookeville has at least one transferable in stock. I got my tansferable from the web. Both guns where in TN and I got the opportunity to inspect the gun before buying. Good luck.

Guest gcrookston

If I had it to do all over again... I'd only deal with Hero Gear on these items... Lesson learned. Take my advice, go with those guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brian@GunDepot

Wow... 3 NFA weapons... cha'ching!

Crowder's is a class 3 dealer in east TN area, but doesn't carry many guns. Last time I was in there he had a p90 and an mp5 available, with a price tag of 20k+ each. :P

There are other Class III dealers besides Hero Gear. The process is easy but it is not for those that do not have patience.

Really?! I thought we were the only one!!! ;) ;)

We always suggest that people shop around for all goods and services prior to making any important decisions such as firearm and/or NFA purchases.

In fact, I think this would be a great thread to post the contact info for any and all NFA dealers in TN so members know what their options are.

Crowder's is a class 3 dealer in east TN area, but doesn't carry many guns. Last time I was in there he had a p90 and an mp5 available, with a price tag of 20k+ each. ;)

Tim's usually got a few SBR's in the back room as well, but I wouldn't give Tim any of my hard earned money. You'll save money driving somewhere else, even after you pay $4/gallon.

Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville had a few Class III items in stock as of two weeks ago when I was in there. Couple of MP5's, an M16, some suppressors, etc.

Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville had a few Class III items in stock as of two weeks ago when I was in there. Couple of MP5's, an M16, some suppressors, etc.

True. We are an 07 FFL / 02 SOT.

We keep a large inventory of suppressors, transferable machine guns (which are mostly customer wish list based), SBR uppers and all other types of Class III needs.

Being an 07/02 we also manufacture weapons for individuals (SBR, AOW) as well as Post-Sample weapons for dealers, LE departments and Gov't agencies.

We also "freshen up" weapons with various coatings and refinishing (Melonite, parkerizing, ceramic, teflon, blueing, chrome and whatever you want) which is another subject.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tngunman

Mine will transfer in anything you want for $50. You pick out what you want anywhere then he'll take over from there for $50! If it's an SBR just make your own!

Guest Verbal Kint
Mine will transfer in anything you want for $50. You pick out what you want anywhere then he'll take over from there for $50! If it's an SBR just make your own!

$50??? Holy crap. :up:

Is that a blanket fee? As in $50 and I'll xfer 1 item, 5 items, 20 items, or however many you need? No one should be paying more than $20-25 for an FFL transfer.

Guest tngunman

$50 for an nfa item. For me it includes playing with it as soon as it arrives at his shop. He isn't accepting new clients on regular transfers at this time but they are $15 each + $10 TICS if they are all done at the same time.

Guest Verbal Kint
$50 for an nfa item. For me it includes playing with it as soon as it arrives at his shop. He isn't accepting new clients on regular transfers at this time but they are $15 each + $10 TICS if they are all done at the same time.

Ahh... gotcha. Guess it helps if I remember what thread I'm in when replying. With the extra paperwork involved, I can see the added fees.

Thought you were referring to a normal FFL transfer at first, for $50. I've seen some high prices in VA, but that would have definitely beat them all. :up:

• 2 weeks later...

S&R guns in Cookeville charges $50 for any NFA transfer except a Transferable machine gun which is $100. I suggest that anyone looking for a suppresso, AOW, or SBR that doesn't do a Form 1 should buy the weapon from their local dealer. You can probably get a suppressor for $0 cheaper by getting it from someone out of state but your local dealer will help you through the process.

• 1 year later...
Guest moreland281

Crowder's is a class 3 dealer in east TN area, but doesn't carry many guns. Last time I was in there he had a p90 and an mp5 available, with a price tag of 20k+ each. :)

A Dealer Sample P90 is no where close to $20k.