Wife loves the LC9

Guest tngw1500se

Guest tngw1500se

Just got the wife a LC9 and she loves it. She's shot 150 rounds or so without any problems at all. Sure is a nice gun. About the same size as a Kel-tec PF9, but seems like a nicer gun. Couldn't be happier with it! :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander

Bought one for my wife a few weeks ago from Tri-Cities Gun Depot. We are both very impressed with its shootability and carryability. I definitely would recommend one if asked.

I am pleased with my Lc9, in fact I purchased an LCP because of how well the Lc9 preformed. I also have a PF9 that my wife has laid claim to, it fit's her had well and she like's it. FWIW I've also owned a P32 and a P3AT and had pretty much decided all of the hype about the Lc9 and LCP was just that, hype, so I hadn't planned on buying either.

Guest tngw1500se
Does the LC9 have the same "half mile long" trigger pull like the LCP and the PF9? I'm assuming it does but just wondering.

I'd give that a "yes" but it's expected and reasonable in that type of carry gun.

I actually like the trigger on the pf9 after a few hundred rounds. I have learned to "stage" the trigger. (pull it back to a certain point of resistance--verify sight picture--then squeeze the round off.) It has allowed me to shoot it relatively well--considering the size.

The trigger pull on the PF9 is more comfortable to me than the Lc9's, but the PF9's trigger guard is small and uncomfortable for me when shooting that pistol. If you can shoot a DA wheel gun than the Lc9 is a breeze to shoot, I like it, but I also expect someone to come out with after market modifications and improvements as well.

The LC9 doesn't have a half mile long trigger, it's more like a mile long. BUT it's smooth and easy. I really like my LC9. I layed it side by side with the Kel-Tec and I could see right away it had a better finish. It's a very nice conceal carry pistol. The recoil is pretty tame and it has never failed. I have fired a couple of hundred rounds of WWB and Remington target loads. I keep Speer gold dots in it when I carry it.

Guest stevieb615

How is the staging on the trigger compared to a single/double like a 92FS or something of that nature?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

The Lc9 trigger doesn’t feel like the 92F DA trigger. It has a somewhat heavy, steady pull until just before the break, than “bang”. You have to maintain a smooth, steady trigger pull all the way through, just like with a wheel gun to maintain your sight picture. It’s different, but not in a negative way, so I like it.

Guest tngw1500se

The LC9 is at 250 rounds now without a problem. She liked it day 1, but she likes it better than ever now! I can shoot it as good or better than my XDSC.

Mother-in-law just got the LC9 and loves it. This just 3 months after my father-in-law purchased his first post-service(vietnam) firearm a glock9mm. Like to think I've inspired them lol. And get to give my wife a little shove cause her parents are runnin out gettin em while she dawdles. Took her up to the shop the other day and let her try it out but her hands are bigger than most womens hah so I think she's goin to probably end up with a full size or slightly larger subcompact. I've tried to convey the sexiness of a woman holdin a 50cal wearin garters and she just gives me the slow blinks of death, dunno.

Guest tngw1500se
......... I've tried to convey the sexiness of a woman holdin a 50cal wearin garters and she just gives me the slow blinks of death, dunno.

It ain't true without pictures!

I took my wife and LC9, G3 Glock 19 and my Kimber Ultra Carry II to the range to see which one she would like to shoot. She hit the target a few times with the LC9 but was more accurate with the Glock being not accustomed to handguns at all, shotguns on a clay course is her specialty. She is also a black belt....

After trying all 3 I decided that the LC9 for me is a nice carry weapon but I'm sticking with the Kimber 45. Not sure if I want to sell the LC9 or I just need to practice with it more.