PMR-30 .22 update

vontar

there has been an update to the Keyhole problem on the PMR -30 keyhole problem. They believe it is isolated to one particular brand and weight of ammunition(CCI Maxi-Mag).

PMR-30 Status Update - New Barrels - 1:11 twist and Ammo Recommendation | Slickguns

Seems everyone else shoots just fine and this is only a random problem. Maybe they will start shipping these again.

Update as of 7/11/2011

At the right price I would buy one, near the suggested retail, I was not going to buy one at the marked up prices they started going for.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is the barrel change. I believe they already changed the barrel on some. I remember a barrel recall a while back. I think we have a board member that has one and got replacment barrel but don't hold my feet to the fire.

• Admin Team

Oh, okay. I guess I didn't read the update the first time through. I had it in my head that they were just asking customers to switch ammo.

This still doesn't inspire confidence.

Man, I so want to like this pistol, but just can't get past the fact that it's a Kel-Tec. They are such an innovative company. If only they could just let things fully bake before they release them and spend some time on really getting QC issues handled on their line.

I don't ever recall seeing a 50gr .22WMR round in a store. I've seen them online, but always backordered. I'd love to find some, though.

This might give an explanation as to why I've seen the prices dwindle in the last couple weeks. I was tempted last gun show to pick up a used one for what they actually cost ( can't believe I just wrote that,lol ) but after wrapping my paw around it I didn't like the grip. Love the hi viz sights but that grip felt like I was grasping onto a Bulgarian AK circle 10 waffle mag,lol.

This might give an explanation as to why I've seen the prices dwindle in the last couple weeks. I was tempted last gun show to pick up a used one for what they actually cost ( can't believe I just wrote that,lol ) but after wrapping my paw around it I didn't like the grip. Love the hi viz sights but that grip felt like I was grasping onto a Bulgarian AK circle 10 waffle mag,lol.

That being said, I better put one in my hand before I cold order one. I want to try one, as would love a pistol that shots .22 mag. Maybe someone else will get one soon.

I shot a 100 rounds through my brothers when I went to Fl a couple weeks ago. To the best of my knowledge it was CCI from Wally World (whatever weight bullet they carry). No keyholing whatsoever, his gun is one of the first ones made. Fun gun to shoot with a big muzzle blast. The only real problem was trying to stuff more than 20 rounds in the mag! Pretty dang accurate gun. I will get one when the price isn't stupid!

I had a change to buy one right before the recall. I didn't know anything about the recall coming. I was showing them to my father-in-law. I was showing him a place online explaining we could order and he would have to have his shipped to an FFL in KY while I would have to have mine shipped to an FFL local. We started to order but he was not certain were to have one shipped and I wanted to wait about 2 pay checks before I ordered. When I went back, no one one had them.

Last one I seen at a show had a price tag of $569 if I remember right. I know it was in the $500+ range. For ms that is way too much even if they are hard to come by. They said they are releasing a 22 or conversion for it. I would be really interested in a 22lr only version. They are extremely light and would make an excellent camp or bug out gun. Dolomite

9539-1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Here is my 22 magnum. It doesn't shoot 30 times in a row but the 9.5" barrel really delivers some speed and energy. Over 200 ft/lbs at the muzzle. I have been keeping close tabs on the Kel-Tec PMR-30, being a fan of the 22 magnum cartridge. I have resisted the temptation to buy one so far.

My hat goes off to anyone who noticed that this Single Six has the 22LR cylinder in it. :eek:

Edited by Will Carry

I've not shot my PMR-30 much...100 rounds only...and I never noticed any keyholing at all. I was using the CCI Maximax ammo...think it was 40 gr. I did ask for and get the replacement barrel, just in case...fihured it couldn't hurt to have it.