How to spot a gunner

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the last one. Coat is opened in cold weather for quick access to gun or closed in warm weather to conceal it. I do tend to check my 5 O'clock shirt tail when getting up from a seated position to make sure it still conceals.

Some others

=> look also for 5.11 pants + ninja boots (they allow one to climb up knotted rope - you know just in case) as a dead giveaway.

=>Fanny pack!

=>Any 30+ man wearing a vest is packing - or terribly unstylish.

=>Also the ones who seem unnaturally suspicious of everything. The idiot eyeballing the lady scooping ice cream at the candy store as a potential interrogation subject...he is packing while wishing he was back in his gated compound rather than being dragged along with the wife and crotch fruit.

being new to carry I'm always checking to make sure I'm properly concealed when I want to be

I've been carrying for a year and still do a "shirt tail check" when I get out of the truck. Occasionally my tshirt will ride up on and expose part of my carry setup.

I disagree. Fleece vests are everywhere during winter, but not everyone is packing.

+1.

Also, I think the whole 'fanny pack' thing is overstated. There are a lot of tourists who come to East Tennessee to visit the GSMNP, etc. Go to Gatlinburg or up to Cades Cove sometime and I'd bet you will see a lot more fanny packs than there are people carrying. Personally, although I know a lot of folks consider them 'geeky', I kind of like using them. I hate having a lot of stuff in my pockets and used a waist pack/fanny pack or whatever you want to call it off and on for years before I ever started carrying a gun whenever I needed to carry more stuff than I wanted in my pocket.

The OP was fun to look at but I think it is likely that was created before the commonality of cell phones, iPods and other stuff that folks carry in pockets, on belts, etc. and would be prone to check, adjust, hold in place while running and so on.

Edited by JAB
=> look also for 5.11 pants + ninja boots (they allow one to climb up knotted rope - you know just in case) as a dead giveaway.

I disagree, my 5.11's don't allow me to climb up knotted rope, but they do pass as business casual at work go figure. I actually like the shirts. They are just to dam expensive. I got a couple on close out and that is it.