Gun show in Gallatin this weekend 7/30 & 7/31 ?

Saw an ad on TV a day or so ago for a show in Gallatin. Anyone know for certain if this is correct.

RK doesn't list it on their site..they're the one that usually has it. Cheaper Than Dirt has it listed

on their site.

Just curious, as I haven't seen it on the papers, etc.

I went. Wasted trip.:(At least I didn't spend any money, so the wife is happy.

Yeah, I can relate to that. If I buy another gun anytime soon, she's gonna try it out on me.

I can resist anything...except temptation. LOL

Guest rockytop
Not listed on their site rkshows

Not being listed on their site doesn't mean much, I don't think it has been updated in about 3 years. I even contacted them. Didn't help any.

Not being listed on their site doesn't mean much, I don't think it has been updated in about 3 years. I even contacted them. Didn't help any.

Well I guess they schedule shows 3yrs out then because this one wasn't listed.

Guest coldblackwind

Thats too bad, the first gallatin show was a really good show. Tons of people, and the dealers were pretty good. I went to the last one and it was much as described here, just awful. Looked like they would have a good thing going after the first one, but I guess they just didn't follow through with the advertising.

Contacting them is a waste of time. RK couldn't care less about their customer base, evidently. They

pulled the same stunt a few years ago when they used the old Walmart bldg. in Smyrna. Had a show

scheduled there & advertised.....no show, no notice of cancellation. Sent them an e-mail expressing

my thoughts on their handling of the situation...generic response.

Gun shows, generally speaking, have begun to go down the toilet lately. Not sure whose fault that is,

but everyone I talk to, including dealers say the same thing.

Goodman's show, which is overpriced at $8, now costs $13, including parking of $5.

I enjoys the shows, whether I buy or not, but they're quickly putting a bad taste in my mouth, and

out of my budget.

JMHO. FWIW

Guest coldblackwind
Another victim of the internet. You can get it cheaper, even with shipping and transfer, than you can at a show. The deals there are gone; and we went for the deals.

Not entirely true, the deals are there but they are walking around. From dealers you won't get a deal, on guns, gear, or otherwise, but if you watch whats walking around, I've gotten some ridiculous deals at gunshows. Just takes a sharp eye, and some knowledge of what you're looking at. And more than a bit of patience, I'm usually wandering around for 2 hours or more when I go. Things like my $60 like new heritage .22 with both cylinders, box and papers make it worth it in the long run :P

Not entirely true, the deals are there but they are walking around. From dealers you won't get a deal, on guns, gear, or otherwise, but if you watch whats walking around, I've gotten some ridiculous deals at gunshows. Just takes a sharp eye, and some knowledge of what you're looking at. And more than a bit of patience, I'm usually wandering around for 2 hours or more when I go. Things like my $60 like new heritage .22 with both cylinders, box and papers make it worth it in the long run :P

I agree, best deals are private on the floor or outside. I cringe when I see a gun store advertise "gun

show prices". May be part of the gun show problem. One dealer I use to buy ammo from has doubled his

former price on the ammo I used to buy. Walmart has the same thing for 1/2 that price. Can't buy from

him anymore.