Zero Tolerance 0777

This knife won Blade Show's 2011 All around Knife of the year. It will not be cheap but I honestly think it will be well worth the asking price. I am on a Pre order list with an expected delivery of March 2012 some of you may want to start saving your nickels they will go for around $450-$500 I am told I know this is a huge amount of money for a knife but damn it looks nice!

6047397546_df8a1f6033_b.jpg

6047400790_b2908eb21c_b.jpg

6047403074_c501d71a41_b.jpg

6047404744_acb40b54a1_b.jpg

6046852927_f530a09671_b.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it at Blade and it was pretty impressive. That said, the $450-500 range buys some pretty impressive folders. I'm not sure I could choose this one over a large insingo Sebenza or a Lionsteel damascus SR1. Also Steve, don't forget about the Busse folder. I saw the prototype at Blade and Jerry said it should be ready in about two weeks...

Serious question (Not thread crappin here!)

What is it that you get for that kind of money that I don't get out of my $75 Spyderco? I'm all for top shelf kit, I've been drooling over a certain Dozier knife for a while now;)

Just curious because serious knife guy or not, that's a lot of cash for a folder.

Saying that...That is one SERIOUSLY cool knife.

What is it that you get for that kind of money that I don't get out of my $75 Spyderco?

Honestly Caster, in my opinion the 777 is a knife built for an enthusiast/collector. You'll get tighter tolerances and better steel/components in general, but it will do the same thing your Spyderco will in most/all day to day situations. I carry a Zero Tolerance 350 every day in my civilian clothes and have been carrying a Spyderco Endura in my flight suit for the last five years. Both get used nearly every day, neither has ever failed to do it's job but the Spyderco looks much worse for the wear.

Honestly Caster, in my opinion the 777 is a knife built for an enthusiast/collector.

Okay, I can respect that. Actually I can respect that better than wild claims. It's the difference in a $25 bottle of Jack Daniels or $250 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label :poop:

I saw it at Blade and it was pretty impressive. That said, the $450-500 range buys some pretty impressive folders. I'm not sure I could choose this one over a large insingo Sebenza or a Lionsteel damascus SR1. Also Steve, don't forget about the Busse folder. I saw the prototype at Blade and Jerry said it should be ready in about two weeks...

Fred,

I will definitely get myself a Busse folder when they come out, you know me!! I also carry my ZT 0350 daily and it will be hard for me to shell out that much for the ZT 777 when I can get an RJ Martin for hundred and a few more dollars so I am picking this one for an investment because I have a feeling they will be in a very limited supply as folks just wont pay this much for a production blade

Serious question (Not thread crappin here!)

What is it that you get for that kind of money that I don't get out of my $75 Spyderco? I'm all for top shelf kit, I've been drooling over a certain Dozier knife for a while now;)

Just curious because serious knife guy or not, that's a lot of cash for a folder.

Saying that...That is one SERIOUSLY cool knife.

Like Fred said it will do absolutely NOTHING that your Spyderco wont, but there are several collectors out there that just love limited edition knives and I know that I will make money off the one that I pick up if I hold onto it for a year or so after I receive it,

Like Fred said it will do absolutely NOTHING that your Spyderco wont, but there are several collectors out there that just love limited edition knives and I know that I will make money off the one that I pick up if I hold onto it for a year or so after I receive it,

Investment. . . I like the way you think! Good enough reason for me. . .

Anybody want to recommend a good online knife dealer? I have looked at BladeHQ several times in the past, but have never dealt with them.

BladeHQ is very good, nobody ships faster.

I've probably bought more knives through eBay and Amazon than anywhere else, though.

- OS

BladeHQ is very good, nobody ships faster.

I've probably bought more knives through eBay and Amazon than anywhere else, though.

- OS

Thanks. I will probably preorder my 0561 through them. Willis68 has me tempted on the 0777. I need to stay off this thread and quit looking at it.

Thanks. I will probably preorder my 0561 through them. Willis68 has me tempted on the 0777. I need to stay off this thread and quit looking at it.

Don't get me wrong Mav,

I would rather have my Sebenza knives than this ZT, However I honestly believe that after holding onto the 0777 for lets say 6 months, the collectors value and what you could sell it for would buy you 2 Sebenzas that is what I am getting it for, I will however keep and use the crap out of the 0561, but if you want either of these knives or any other ZT or Kershaw let me know and I will put you in touch with my friend who is a master dealer and will beat the crap out of Blade HQ's price for you

It is funny that you mentioned that Fred, just the other day I put in an order with CRK for that knife, Heather told me it may take 90 days as they are back logged but they will make it just as I want it and the insingo Blades are awesome and no longer exclusive to Knive art

Don't get me wrong Mav,

I would rather have my Sebenza knives than this ZT, However I honestly believe that after holding onto the 0777 for lets say 6 months, the collectors value and what you could sell it for would buy you 2 Sebenzas that is what I am getting it for, I will however keep and use the crap out of the 0561, but if you want either of these knives or any other ZT or Kershaw let me know and I will put you in touch with my friend who is a master dealer and will beat the crap out of Blade HQ's price for you

Thanks. Send me a PM with contact information. Do you have any idea what the time frame is looking like on the 0561s? I would like to buy a couple of them if I could get them before Christmas.

Thanks. Send me a PM with contact information. Do you have any idea what the time frame is looking like on the 0561s? I would like to buy a couple of them if I could get them before Christmas.

PM sent, not sure on the time frame but my guy will be able to tell you