My new toy (9mm carbine)

UncleJak

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is they are built like tanks and Hi Point stands behind their warranty. I know a guy who has the .45 carbine and let his buddy shoot it, well the buddy put a .40 round in the mag. It shot the .40 but the case went down the barrel and got stuck, he didnt know this had happened and stacked 5 more .45 bullets behind the stuck case in the barrel. The barrel buldged a little but didnt blow up.

Hi Point was contacted and they said send it back and they would take care of it no matter what it was. He had a new rifle in about a week and a half.

Can't fault Hipoint's waranty either. I took a C9 on a trade several years ago and thought it was functioning erraticly. That is, the slide didn't lock and release as I thought it should. I sent it back and it was returned in less than 10 days. I got their usual few mag for the "inconvience," as well as new trigger group and barrel assembly. After a little range time with it, I decided the problem may have been my being unfamiliar with the gun.

Still didn't keep it though...the pistols are just too butt ugly. Worse than glocks.

I have a 995 with the old style stock. The only problem I have ever had was when trying to get rid of a box of WWB 147 grainers (I bought them before I knew better) by firing them through the Hi-Point. It seems they were a little too long to reliably feed - at least in mine. It did load/shoot them but every round or two they'd get hung up on the ramp and I'd have to jiggle the charging handle a little to get them to load on in. Other than that, it has fired everything I have put in it. That includes some ammo I bought that was just in a white box with '9mm Parabellum 115 grain' printed on it. That stuff had some seriously hard primers (had red around the primer so might have even been intended for use as SMG ammo for all I know - again, I bought them before I knew much about 9mm, in general.) My Ruger P95 even required a second strike on several of those to get them to fire but the 995 ate them like candy.

UncleJak, am I seeing an extended mag in the photo? I'd heard that ProMag made extended mags but that they don't work very well. There is also some rumor that HiPoint (which has traditionally said they would never do an extended mag) might be working on one but I don't think it has hit the market, yet. I'll be interested to hear how that mag works because I think that ammo capacity is the major drawback for the 995 (even though it holds as many rounds as my SKS.) The major reason I am considering swapping my old style stock out for the new style is that HiPoint makes a spare mag holder that attaches in the skeletized portion of the stock - you can mount one per side. I like the look/idea of that spare mag setup.

Bought one of these last year, have never had a problem with it. Mine is very accurate. Concerning Hi-Point's warranty/customer service: I bought a .40 pistol in a private sale, it was missing the plunger. Called Hi-Point told them it was purchased in a private sale, they sent the plunger and spring for no charge. All they asked for was the serial number.

The extended mag is direct from High Point. The guy I got it from had purchased one at a gun show, but it would not function properly. High point asked him to send it in and they sent him this one. He claims it functions flawlessly. I will probably shoot on Sunday and will have a full report on Monday.

I have the carbine, I put the ATI stock on it and EVERYONE loves it. It is a VERY accurate gun, way better than I am. The warranty is awesome, I busted the rear sight and gave them a call and mentioned that I was hoping to use it over the weekend and they overnighted it to me. It goes to the range with me every time and I get all kind of questions and request to shoot it. The only ammo mine does not really like is tula I had 5 out of 300 not fire, other than that never had a ftf.