15 states that do not honor the TN HCP

well Vermont is no permit, but then New Hampshire is no permit to open carry. being part of New England is what kills me. NJ NY Mass, all those states there are so gun negative, then you have New Hampshire and Vermont. see the big difference in how these neighboring states view gun rights? its amazing at the total turnaround in how they see the 2nd amendment.

did that help clear my mess up? lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking about getting a Non-resident permit. what is the best one to get for TN resident. i looked ar FL Non-resident permit it looks like if you get that one it will not help you out none :up:

Without fully checking yet, I'm not sure if any non-resident permit would help someone from TN to carry where they can't now.

Guest db99wj
If a thread gets too off topic, I'll seperate it into another thread in the Off-Topic area... other than that, we're not too keen on censoring opinion or loose discussion unless it's blatantly inflammatory. I'll close a thread in which the relevant discussion is over... but that's not the case here :up:

TGO rocks! Hardly any issues at all... I guess we just get along better than most.

An armed society is a polite society!:squint:

Guest TNDixieGirl
well Vermont is no permit, but then New Hampshire is no permit to open carry. being part of New England is what kills me. NJ NY Mass, all those states there are so gun negative, then you have New Hampshire and Vermont. see the big difference in how these neighboring states view gun rights? its amazing at the total turnaround in how they see the 2nd amendment.

did that help clear my mess up? lol

Yes dear, thank you very much. :up:

Guest 270win

Most of these states do not reciprocate with other states period on handguns. I would look into a non resident license if i traveled to Connecticut or Massachusetts. The Mass State Police issues to non residents and is supposed to be easier to get than some locals who try with their towns. I've heard Maryland can be difficult (carrying money, jewelry, medicine, or other valuables) and New Jersey is even worse. Forget about bringing a handgun to New York, unless you are going up there to compete in an NRA sactioned match with the proper paperwork. Washington would be one i'd get (Utah covers it) if i traveled.

Luckily, you can possess a handgun in just about all the states without any sort of license. New York would be the most hassle to bring an unloaded handgun in your car or luggage....better be up there for a pistol competition or off to jail to fight a felony conviction if you are caught. I'd hate to travel anywhere i could not have a handgun in my hotel. If all else fails and you don't compete in the ultra liberal state of New York, you can easily bring a shotgun or rifle.