Archangel 10/22 rifle kits

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just browsed through their website...They look kinda mall ninja to me. I mean, it doesn't closely mimic any standard platform like an AR or AK, so calling it a training tool isn't very likely and if it's not a training tool what is it?

I'm not one of the cool crowd I guess because I don't understand the need for making a perfectly serviceable .22 rifle into something that looks like it come from a video game. But hey! If that makes you happy, go for it.

I've seen and handled them, and was not impressed with the fit, nor the quality. If you're into the cosmetics, you'll enjoy it, but I've not seen any additional functionality that was added, unless you want to go full-on mall ninja. Caster's comment above is on the mark. I'd rather slam my hand in a car door than take a good wood stock off a 10/22 to put that stuff on. I can, however skeptically, see the utility if you absolutely positively must change the length of pull on a 10/22, but other manufacturers are putting out much higher quality adjustable stocks for 10/22s aftermarket.

To be clear, I need to admit I have a personal bias: I'm a rifle traditionalist - I think .22lr rifles should look like what they are - killers of paper, cans, and the occasional rabbit or sparrow.

That said, Archangel is providing the firearms community a chance to see exactly where "better to have it and not need it" breaks down. It's a quote we've all seen, but it has never had defined boundaries. Archangel shows where the line is drawn - the extent to which "better to have it and not need it" continues to be true actually ends just before an Archangel kit (complete with bayonet, if you run out of ammo and the squirrels rush your position) are applied to your previously just fine 10/22.

Edited by StPatrick
Guest Broomhead

I have to disagree with everyone else here I guess. I have a 10/22 Archangel and really love it. Yeah, its plastic. Yeah, the barrel sleeve/flash hider thing is ridiculous. Yeah, the plastic bayonet is ridiculous. I trashed both of those quick fast and in a hurry. I also switched out the butt stock for a more traditional AR-styled, six-position one with a rubber butt pad. I have plans to switch out the forearm with an better/aluminum (maybe?) one, after some re-engineering, I just haven't found a forearm inexpensive enough to try. I didn't go all mall-ninja on mine, its rather utilitarian. I have a USGI black cotton web sling, a 4-16x42/6/8 (Not sure on bell size) RGB Lighted-Reticle, Zero-Locking and Resettable, Finger-Adjustable W/E Knobs, Adjustable Objective, Mill-Dot scope (OK, the scope's not utilitarian), an OEM 18" barrel that was cut to 16" and threaded 1/2x28tpi, and a traditional A2 flash hider.

I got a heck of a deal on my stock though. A friend found a sale on them that was a buy-one get-one half price, and he had a coupon that the shop honored for both. He sold me the second, half priced one for 60 bucks, his cost. I'm not a fan of wood on a gun, just not my preferred style. To clarify a little more, I'm not a fan of brown on a rifle. I was in the middle of staining the OEM stock black when this deal fell in my lap. I'm not a mall ninja, I have built this rifle on a budget and I'm proud of it. I have done some internal work on it that has made it a sweet shooter, I have plans to do some more, just haven't had the time lately.

Yeah its plastic, but throughout my use and abuse, not a single thing has broken, not even chipped. If you'd like, I can snap some pictures tomorrow and post them. If you like the Archangel's looks then I'd definitely recommend it for the price. Are their better "tactical" stocks, yeah, but they are 2-3 times the price and made from higher quality aluminum that is just not needed on a .22lr rifle.

Edited by Broomhead

There are several different models of the Archangel.

The ones you are talking about are the ones that do nothing more than add some rails and a collapsible stock.

I was looking hard at the Marauder kit, it mimics a G36 very closely. As a matter of fact close enough the the real HK carry handle sight will bolt up without a problem. I have read a lot of reviews and all seem postive. The videos even seem like they are well received. I know the install locks the gun in really tight and it accepts all weights of barrels.

AAM1022 - Archangel Marauder Conversion Stock (Ruger 10/22) with (25) RD Magazine - Black

AAM1022-2T.jpg

There is another Archangel stock that is a target stock. I Have shot a gun with that stock and it is worth every penny of the $100 price tag. Very sturdy and actually a bit heavy for a 22 but it makes the gun feel like a real gun. The gun had a 17" heavy taper GM barrel and with that barrel the gun felt great.

AATS1022 ARCHANGEL DELUXE TARGET STOCK

AATS1022-2T.jpg

Not all Archangel stock are the same.

Dolomite