April Mid Tenn Eat & Shoot - April 26th @ 11:30am - Details inside!

Hi Hunter. I was the one admiring your poly AR lower at the range. It was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again at the meet-n-shoot.

The range is private and there is not a gun store in spring hill, so be sure to bring ammo and targets since there is not really a place to buy any in the area. For those who have not ever been there, the rifle range consists of target at 25, 50, and 100 yards. There are wood stands to either staple or tape your targets to. There are 2 pistol pits and they are 7 and 15 yards (that is the max, you can go closer on either). They each have a clothes line looking thing that you can hang targets from or you can do what i do which is lay clay pigeons at the end of the pit to shoot at. I enjoy the fact of being able to easily see how far I miss easily, plus it is so much fun to see them explode when i hit them with my Taurus 1911 .45

I did talk to a range officer the other day and there is not a limit on the number of guests. The only requirement is that they are with a member, pay $5, and the member has explained the rules. Most of the rules are the norm like don't point a gun at anyone, leave the slide open when lying a gun down, etc... The main thing is that you can change the targets in the pistol pit at anytime, but the rifle range can only be changed with a cease fire. The process is that someone on the rifle range yells "Clear" and everyone (including the pistol pits) respond with "Clear" and everyone ceases fire. When everyone is done hangin targets the person who called for "Clear" yells "Hot" and everyone answers "Hot" and returns to having fun.

I enjoyed meeting several of you upstanding citizens in Murfressboro last month and look forward to meeting more of you this Saturday.

Steve

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just wanna let you know I have to sit this one out... I've gotta go to KY with the wife this weekend. Trust me, I'd rather be shootin' with you all!

Sorry, some of you will have to wait for next month to get your wheelgun fix! =)

Edited by musicman
to remove oddly sexual sounding typo

All of the positions you are firing from are covered. If it is raining things can get a little wet when you are mounting your targets. Right now looks like we have a 30% chance of rain on Friday and 50% on Saturday, but over the past month forecasts have changed daily, so tomorrow it could freakin say snow on Saturday.

• Administrator

Will anyone be bringing an M&P 9mm to this get together? My wife is really wanting one (we think) but she has yet to actually shoot one. She's just held them in the stores.

If you're attending and you bring an M&P 9mm for her to shoot... I'll return the favor and you can shoot anything we bring. Including the Wilson 1911. :rolleyes:

Well crap.

It looks like my wife and I will have to be back in Tullahoma by about 1pm, which means that we won't have time to do more than walk around the Gun Show in Smyrna for a bit before we have to head back... I guess we'll have to miss this one, unless something changes.

Send some rounds down-range for us...

Guest ScottD
Will anyone be bringing an M&P 9mm to this get together? My wife is really wanting one (we think) but she has yet to actually shoot one. She's just held them in the stores.

If you're attending and you bring an M&P 9mm for her to shoot... I'll return the favor and you can shoot anything we bring. Including the Wilson 1911. :P

If I make it out, I'll have my M&P 9c. With the cost of gas though, thats a trip right now.

I have an M&P 9mm full size but I won't be attending the eat and shoot. I live up in Springfield, but I work in Nashville. If you and your wife would like to meet me at a range somewhere after work one day she would be more than welcome to try it out.

They are saying the rain should be out of here by mid morning at the latest...but we all know how wonderfully predictable the weather can be here in Tennessee. If it is raining we could all just meet at the same restaurant, but whats the next closest range? On target in murfreesboro?

Also...do we need to bring our own targets to Owl Hollow or do they have some there?

Edited by PaiMei

i think you have to bring them someone in the thread posted. also like a staple gun or some pins.

i have a flight to boston at 420 so im going to try and shoot some before i have to leave. i live in franklin though so hopefully it wont be an issue. if we can get there quick at least.

You do have to bring your own targets. If you are going to sgoot on the rifle range you will need a staples or pins. In the pistol pit you can either layout skeet or hang targets from a wire that runs across the back of the pit.

• Administrator

We'll just stick with the plan. My wife and I will be at Snappy Tomato at 11:30. We drive a black Ford F250 truck that looks perpetually pissed off... so we're easy to spot. :(

If the weather cooperates, we'll shoot at Owl Hollow. If it doesn't cooperate or if you're feeling particularly wussy and don't like to get a little wet, we'll just eat and you can go back home and watch re-runs on TV. ;)

See you all there.

Guest HunterH

I will see you guys there at 11:30. Do we meet outside or should someone get a table inside and we meet in there? I am bringing another friend from Owl Hollow who is interested in being active in TGO like me.

I am tall, have a beard, and will be wearing a baseball hat and tan cargo pants.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and a good time today!

Hunter

Guest Jason F.

Sorry I had to miss this one. If someone can fix the $20,000 spindle in the machine I run at work you would be a great help. That way I would not have to work Saturday and Sunday to get the next order done.

Guest GT_Rat

Good to meet everyone today. Had a great time and burned a lot of .223 with my brother. Definitely need to do this again. I may have to get a membership at Owl Hollow. Nice facility.

Glad to meet everyone today. It was fun. Sorry if I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to yall personally...had to get going in a rush. I think I'll be getting a membership over at Owl Hollow next week...especially if they can keep the wasps out of the outhouse. That was fun...(for anyone that saw that.)