Band of Brothers themed Xd, need help

Guest titanwolf

Guest titanwolf

I am trying to think of a way to create a pistol that would reflect the WWII era. I thought of using Band of Brothers as the theme.

Add a spade on both sides of the slide or grip and maybe having parachutes engraved on each side, with BoB in the chute. Also give the grip a bit of a old, used look to give it come charactor. To resemble the US Army Helmet (M1) of WWII.

506th Parachute Infantry Regiment (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Currahees", after Currahee Mountain located inside the boundaries of the camp. The Cherokee word, which translates to "Stand Alone", (put "Stand

Alone" on the side of slide release.

Maybe get the adds duracoated to add color.

Spades to be White, "Stand Alone" Blue or green if a chute is there maybe olive green.

Easy Company should be there as well.

colors of 506th, the chute if used would look similar to the one on the patch, outline only so to add BoB

506small.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ETS_Inc
If going for a WWII theme....why not use a 1911?

I agree, a WWII theme on any gun besides a MilSpec 1911A1 just seems about as wrong as it gets. Nothing personal, just my opinion. If you need a base gun on the cheap, check out Rock Island Arsenal's or High Standard's lines.

• Administrator

I'd leave it alone. Doing this will ruin any resale value of the firearm, and despite what you may think right now there may come a time when you'll want to sell it to buy something else.

Just ask the moron who did THIS to their Glock...

pix2078283562.jpg

pix2078283703.jpg

pix2078283656.jpg

• Administrator

Custom grips are easily changed back out. Custom finishes on a gun in a popular color (black, OD, coyote brown, stainless, chrome, even pink for the ladies) are not a deal breaker normally either. Sometimes they add value to a firearm if the finish is particularly desirable or improves the quality of the firearm (Tripp Hard Chrome, Robar NP3, etc.).

But a custom theme on a firearm usually limits the appeal of the firearm to the public at large. Not a big deal if you're going to keep it for life, but otherwise kills the resale value.

I think the best (and cheapest) modification you could make to your XD, to enhance it's representation of history, would be to trade it in on a Mil-Spec or G.I. 1911. The XD bears little resemblance to any weapon of that era, and I don't think there's anything one could do which would change that...

I think the best (and cheapest) modification you could make to your XD, to enhance it's representation of history, would be to trade it in on a Mil-Spec or G.I. 1911. The XD bears little resemblance to any weapon of that era, and I don't think there's anything one could do which would change that...

+1

• 1 month later...
Guest racr28

Modern Currahees use M9's, So that is another option.

don't forget the pair a dice

cpx_pair-of-diceB.jpg

racr28

Edited by racr28
  • 4 weeks later...