What are the chances Tennessee stuns LSU on Saturday

ls3_kid

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lostpass

The best rushing play for UT against LSU is the kneel and dash. The quarterback pretends to take a knee and then runs like hell.

I think UT has the staff in place but needs the players. That said, I think Phil always had the players. There is a good argument to be made that staying steady with Phil was the way to go. But he can't keep up with Sabin so, hey...

Guest WyattEarp

I'll take trick question for 500 alex.

The Vols have ZERO CHANCE of winning this game. Null. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. The Broncos with Tebow at QB have a better chance of making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl than the Vols have at winning this game. The Irish have a better chance of playing in the BCS Championship Game than the Vols have of winning this game. Oklahoma has a better chance of beating Bama or LSU in the National Championship Game than the Vols have to win this game.

After the way UT played down to lowly Georgia, snow has a better chance of falling in Hell, than the Vols do of winning this game. Men have a better chance of becoming pregnant than the Vols do of winning this game.

I hoped I summed it up enough. ;)

Slim to none. But there is always a chance, just ask Appy State. That is why the play the game. I will still be there cheering on my team just like I was Sat. night against UGA. I would rather be a fan of a bad UT team than a fan of anyone else.

And to lostpass, those players that Fulmer had were also the ones who lost to Wyoming.

It is just gonna take time to right the ship. That is what 99% of Vol fans under 30 don't realize. These are the first real bad years they have experienced, and it really shows when you read some of the stuff they post on Vols forums. Every program goes through it. Bama, Texas, Florida, ND, everyone.

I agree with Jason. I love Derek Dooley and all this BS about "is he on the hot seat?" is just ludicrous. We should be glad to win ANY games considering where we were when Kiffin left.

I think the chances are very slim we win against LSU, but I'm gonna go cheer like it's #1 vs #2 because at the end of the day it's still out team. I still see effort and 'will to win' and thats all it takes for me. When they quit and don't play hard that's when I quit watching.

It is good to go and cheer for your team as long as you have reasonable expectations. That said, it could be very ugly. Myles wants to keep his BCS standing so don't look for any mercy on the scoreboard. Agree that no way Dooley is on a hot seat. He just needs a couple of years to recruit some top-level talent. The Vols will be back.

Phil didn't have the players in his last years. That has been part of the problem in his last year and last year and this year. Against LSU and Alabama. No chance. With no running offense and Bray out the MTSU's, "Candy" and a terrible Kentucky are the only teams they will beat. But that would get them to a bowl game.

With Simms under center he will drop back and just wait to be sacked. After the next 3 games the opposing teams will average 12 sacks a game.

We need some angels in the end zone type of stuff.

All jokes aside Dooley isn't on a hot seat, nor is it Lane Kiffin's fault. Mike Hamilton F'd us in the A.

I heard today: 34 players left between all the coaching changes. 12 players de-committed.

Go back and look at what is left of the 06, 07, and 08 classes. Then look at the bust that was Kiffin's class.

Now name me all of the upperclassmen on this team.

Now you have the picture.

As for Wyatt's assessment of "lowly Georgia." They will likely be in the SEC Championship game.

To answer the question: UT has about a 1% chance of getting positive yardage in the LUS game. .05% in the Bama game.

I heard today: 34 players left between all the coaching changes. 12 players de-committed.

Go back and look at what is left of the 06, 07, and 08 classes. Then look at the bust that was Kiffin's class.

Now name me all of the upperclassmen on this team.

Now you have the picture.

As for Wyatt's assessment of "lowly Georgia." They will likely be in the SEC Championship game.

To answer the question: UT has about a 1% chance of getting positive yardage in the LUS game. .05% in the Bama game.

Wyatt's assessment of lowly Georgia is still correct. Nobody in the East is good (when in comparison to the west).

Nobody in the Country is good when you look at LSU and Alabama. Nov 5th is the National Championship game.

Georgia will be in the SEC Championship, vs I would like to see LSU, but Alabama....

Alabama/LSU will go onto to win the BCS championship.

TN will score 6 points....against LSU and Alabama combined. Hopefully TN will keep them below 50.

Go Vols. Yes, I'm a fan.

Guest Victor9er

Sure, Tenn can win this game............

if LSU decides to stay home instead :)

Actually, LSU has been known to come out flat against lesser teams before, and in the SEC if you let any team hang around long enough you can get surprised. So I won't say there's zero chance, but I'd say the odds are the percentage of UT winning is in the single digits.

and oh yeah, GEAUX TIGERS!