issue with FFL and capital view pawn in nashville

got a firearm sent to Capital view and i went to pick it up today and their FFl expired today(or something related they didn't notice until they tried to log into a site to do my background check and it said it was expired) so they weren't able to let me have it! so its just sitting in their shop and they have no clue when the will have it renewed.. a little unhappy about the situation and i don't know what to do at this point.

Any advise? anyone know how long something like this will take?

I'm not downing Capital View at all, they are EXTREMELY nice and like the guys there, i just want my firearm that i ordered.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a new one.

But whether they are nice guys or not, seems to me that if they can't get things straightened out on their FFL PDQ, believe I'd demand they ship it back to retailer and have it resent to another FFL. Of course, now that brings into question if the retailer will pay to send it again.

Hmmm...a rather sticky wicket, I must say.

- OS

Wow, that's a new one.

But whether they are nice guys or not, seems to me that if they can't get things straightened out on their FFL PDQ, believe I'd demand they ship it back to retailer and have it resent to another FFL. Of course, now that brings into question if the retailer will pay to send it again.

Hmmm...a rather sticky wicket, I must say.

- OS

Can Capital even ship it if they have an expired ffl?

Guest bkelm18

If I had a license or document that my entire business hinged upon, I'd be damn sure to remember when it expires. No excuse in my opinion. Sorry to hear of your issues. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Guest aekdbbop

*edit* just realized the OP is the friend I am talking about.. I am an idiot...

I have a friend who's "new" M91/30 is stuck in-limbo at CVP because of the same problem. He drove up there today to get it and was turned away. Hopefully they get this straightened quick.

He said "the ffl is current but the account they had to do background checks was expired". Makes sense?

FWIW I have used them 5 times in the past with zero problems, but I will be sure to call ahead of time to confirm they are still valid.

I have a friend who's "new" M91/30 is stuck in-limbo at CVP because of the same problem. He drove up there today to get it and was turned away. Hopefully they get this straightened quick.

He said "the ffl is current but the account they had to do background checks was expired". Makes sense?

FWIW I have used them 5 times in the past with zero problems, but I will be sure to call ahead of time to confirm they are still valid.

lol @ aekdbbop

this is me kevin! lol figured my name would give me away "geekitupsum"

Guest Runnfree

Guys, I just talk to Gayle about this and she ask that I post this for her.

Here's what going on with the FFL...these things expire and the ATF issues a Letter of Authorization so that we continue business while all the renewal inspections and whatnot go on. Usually, the Letter is good for 90 days to give the ATF time to get through all the red tape...that didn't happen in time, so they issued another LOA which was good for 60days, (no idea, why)...NO BIGGIE! Mom is on it and it should be tomorrow when all is fixed.

Thanks for your patience....Ms. Gayle, Capitol View Pawn.

Guys, I just talk to Gayle about this and she ask that I post this for her.

Here's what going on with the FFL...these things expire and the ATF issues a Letter of Authorization so that we continue business while all the renewal inspections and whatnot go on. Usually, the Letter is good for 90 days to give the ATF time to get through all the red tape...that didn't happen in time, so they issued another LOA which was good for 60days, (no idea, why)...NO BIGGIE! Mom is on it and it should be tomorrow when all is fixed.

Thanks for your patience....Ms. Gayle, Capitol View Pawn.

Sounds like she is on top of it. Another ATF blunder?

Guest vthokies03

That make no sense about the letter. IF you have the extension letter, you continue business as normal. The letter would not hold up the background check. Now if you didnt get the letter in time, it would be the same as not having an FFL.