New at Walmart?

As far as I know, I've never heard of Walmart carrying Federal 5.56 62gr 440rnd in green ammo cans. Brought it home tonight for $163ish out the door. Has Walmart always carried this stuff? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. It's 2011 Lake City brass with 62gr green tip penetrators on stripper clips.

I also noticed that there were about 2 times the variety of long rifles in the cases than there were about 2 weeks ago. And according to the sales person, staff officially got word today that in early (Jan) 2012, Walmart will be carrying handguns, too!

Perhaps I'm behind the curve and everyone already knows this but this is news to me! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
As far as I know, I've never heard of Walmart carrying Federal 5.56 62gr 440rnd in green ammo cans. Brought it home tonight for $163ish out the door. Has Walmart always carried this stuff? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. It's 2011 Lake City brass with 62gr green tip penetrators on stripper clips.

I also noticed that there were about 2 times the variety of long rifles in the cases than there were about 2 weeks ago. And according to the sales person, staff officially got word today that in early (Jan) 2012, Walmart will be carrying handguns, too!

Perhaps I'm behind the curve and everyone already knows this but this is news to me! :D

Gander Mountain recently started selling the same. Except they charge about $100 more.

I just stopped in my local Walmart (Mount Juliet) to check the ammo situation, They had lots of new stuff (Federal PD ammo, Winchester 1000rnd .22lr, along with several other new choices) but no bulk 440rnd cans of .223 they did say it may be coming. However, started talking to the Sporting goods manager and they have the cabinets for long guns and expect to be selling handguns after the first of the year. Had no idea of what kind of inventory they would stock though.

Guest hawkeye10
:) Don't know if it's true but I read if you buy a long gun at Walmart you have to put it in a hard case and lock it up to get it out of the store. This may be the rules in another state I can't remember. I am glad to see Walmart expand their firearms and ammo selection. This will give more people the opportunity to buy and shoot more guns. Don