Need help with a persuasive speech for class.

Guest LSU

Hey guys I am looking for ideas to make my persuasive speech in my communications class. I have already done one about 2nd ammendment rights-gun control, so I need something else that I can do it on. Any ideas would be helpful

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Were it me, just to be different I'd consider speaking to how & why I chose my particular major (assuming you have chosen one) and what it is about my particular chosen field that gets me fired up & passionate to the point of choosing it to the exclusion of all others.

Or you could do it about crusty old farts who respond to forum threads in the early hours of the morning with long and rambling sentences because they, A. Have no life or B. Have a life, but it's raining and they're bored spitless and so decided to have a little fun by ignoring the rules of English composition and writing long and rambling sentences in response to forum threads. (Of these two, the first is obviously the better choice.)

All asininity aside, your best bet is simply to find something you are very passionate about. Check your facts, engage your passion and let it fly. We can't really help choose your topic for you because we don't know your interests (other than guns and you've already done that one). On that note, one of the best speeches I ever wrote was simply about the difficulty of choosing a subject matter to write a speech about.

Good luck!

...TS...

Campus carry. Every single time I've had the opportunity to choose the topic for an assignment I did it about campus carry. I know you said you already did guns and the second amendment but this would be a more specific aspect of it. I'm pretty sure I did 3 of my 4 speeches at NSCC about gun stuff.

:rant: OWS ? :stick::slapfight::taser:

That would be a BIG responsibility;

you could not afford to leave anyone un-swayed.

Unless you were arguing for them then blow it!

Hey do this and when you challenge your grade, you can tell the teacher "you don't believe their views are correct? No, well then I effectively persuaded you to the appropriate conclusion therefore it was very persuasive! Reverse psychology can be a very powerful tool May I have my A+ now?â€

What about the gov't bailouts? Threats of Sheria(not sure of spelling) Law. Benefits of college degree. Do something you know nothing about and challenge yourself.

Yup,

You might start out thinking one way and end up on the other side, just make sure it is something that interests you so it does not become a chore.

Guest lostpass

The thing that most people don't realize when they are writing something persuasive is that they can't. People don't want to hear persuasive, people want to hear their current beliefs reinforced. It's a little like the TV deal, you watch TV and you think this is so much crap but TV is busy pandering to the desires of the largest amount of people. And they desire, apparently, full on crap.

So, since you're in college, I'd talk about piracy and the internet. Let me layout your speech in an easy format:

Count Fulk the Black

So you start the speech with Count Fulk. He was a horrible person but, later in life, he decided to get right with the church. They sentenced him to three pilgrimages to Rome in chains. When he finally got back he was whipped while being rolled through the streets.

That's an interesting story right there but you need to connect to something your fellow students empathize with. So Count Fulk is a lot like renting a DVD. you want to do the right thing instead of torrenting the movie but doing the right thing is basically a punishment.

When you pirate a movie you get just the movie. When you rent a movie you have to see the promos, you have to see the warning against pirating, you get treated like a thief even though you are trying to do the right thing.

So at this point you are basically telling your classmates

a)You're not bad for sharing songs

:lol: you get treated like crap when you try do the right thing.

I bet that will go over.