Finally pulled the trigger...

ls3_kid

Guest cardcutter
Also, don't get frustrated with field stripping it. It is a pain in the butt for everyone the first couple of times. Once you are used to it, it is a piece of cake.

+1 on that. I love mine but I hate to take it down.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you do detail strip it, just remain calm, and if need be, just put it down and come back to it later. I am not scared to work on my guns, but the first time I tried to put mine back together, I did have to set it down for a little bit. Just take a good look at it and maybe take some of your own pics of it before taking it apart. They will be good to have as reference when you can't remember exactly how the sear spring goes back in it.

Once you detail strip a time or two, maybe you will be more willing to do some mods on it. The parts are pretty much just drop-in. If you are machanically minded at all, you can unserstand how it works and how the mods should work. You should at least give it the old college try.

Rugers aren't that hard to detail strip and reassemble if you know how and have a bit of practice. I did a parts swap for an 5th Special Forces Group soldier the other day with his gun in my lap as I swapped parts out, showing him how it is done. I had a hard time the first time or two but now it is a snap. If you don't do anything else throw the mag disconnect away and replace it with a $7.00 MKII bushing or a Clark bushing. Next install a Volquartsen pre and over travel adjustable trigger with a Volquartsen sear. That will allow you to get the trigger to 2.5 or 2.25lbs with little over and pre travel. These two websites pretty much covers the MKII and MKIII, standard or 22/45.

detailstrip

www.1bad69.com

+1 on both of these sites and MKII bushing and Volquartsen trigger kit mod.

I went to the range and shot 400~ rounds through it yesterday. Not a single problem the whole time. This gun is very accurate (I am not). I had good groupings for me. at ~15 yards it was a 2-3 inch grouping. People say the trigger isn't that good on these and I do not thing it was bad at all. On the flip side there is definitely room for improvement. I'm still learning and this will be a great tool to teach me. At the end of my range trip I tried the 1911 and my groupings were better with it. Can't wait to go shooting again, after exams.