Well look what I bought today...

Guest durdensfriend

Guest durdensfriend

I bought my first 1911 today... a Springfield Loaded (NM serial, so FINISHED :D in the US). What a beautiful gun! I've been jonesing for a 1911 for some time and had my mind made up on the TRP but for half the price I couldn't be happier! I put 20 rounds through it and shot better than I've ever shot in my life. My first shot was dead center in the head and my second went straight through the hole the first shot made. Needless to say, I was in love at that very moment.

Here are some quick pics I took... sorry about the poor lighting:

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

Edited by durdensfriend
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
Very pretty!!!

Spoken like a true lady.....Sounds just like my wife.....

That is a nice piece, but I've give it a little more than 20 rds before I put all my eggs in the basket.

Guest durdensfriend
That is a nice piece, but I've give it a little more than 20 rds before I put all my eggs in the basket.

Well yeah, but it was the best first 20 I've ever shot (I had a box of 100 and was tempted to shoot it all!)

Guest durdensfriend

I got mine used for about $750 with 3 free range passes (which are worth about $45... and go to the range weekly) so I came out OK. I probably could've gotten one a bit cheaper on the net somewhere but at least I didn't have to fool with shipping and all that extra business... and as you can see in the pics its freaking brand new. I'll definitely have this one for a long time.

Guest durdensfriend
Disregard all previous posts! That gun is a dangerous piece of junk. Send it to me immediatley for proper disposal. I will even pay postage!:confused:

Address please. :rolleyes:

Oh Geez, another 1911 fan. You ought to wake up and join the 21st Century, and get some tupperware. You know the design is so old, it probably doesn't even work anymore, plus you don't have a 19 round magazine so you're never gonna be able to get one on target. Don't you know you can't hit a target farther than 5 feet away with one of those?

That gun is too complicated to actually use, you know - I mean, it has a safety. Besides, it was designed by JMB ages ago. It can't stand up to any abuse, it'll jam on you, probably fall apart first time you take your eyes off it, and you won't find it in any new video games, so it must be a real clunker.

Welcome to the fold!

Remington Rand

Springfield Officers Model

Springfield mil-spec

Springfield WWII

Norinco w/GI barrel, NM bushing, Millet sights

Springfield's are noted for their longevity. as you can tell, my brother (mark@sea) was being facetious.

All those things have been said about the 1911...and for some reason they keep making them.

Just about every single action automatic has some part of the 1911 or owes its genesis to the 1911.

I can't think of a better way to welcome you as a follower of JMB than to give you this link.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm

Oh Geez, another 1911 fan. You ought to wake up and join the 21st Century, and get some tupperware. You know the design is so old, it probably doesn't even work anymore, plus you don't have a 19 round magazine so you're never gonna be able to get one on target. Don't you know you can't hit a target farther than 5 feet away with one of those?

That gun is too complicated to actually use, you know - I mean, it has a safety. Besides, it was designed by JMB ages ago. It can't stand up to any abuse, it'll jam on you, probably fall apart first time you take your eyes off it, and you won't find it in any new video games, so it must be a real clunker.

Welcome to the fold!

Remington Rand

Springfield Officers Model

Springfield mil-spec

Springfield WWII

Norinco w/GI barrel, NM bushing, Millet sights

Ya know that almost sounded like Rabbi for a minute:p